“Great Location for a Business Trip”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #93 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Large rooms, courteous staff, great location - all good for the business traveler. Wifi not free. All in all a great business hotel and a great value. Bar and restaurant was pretty empty but the food was decent if you meed a quick bite. I agree with others that I would mot be likely to bring my family here. .

1  Thank CrownHeightsBorn

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just had a brief overnight and short stay to see an exhibition at the Hirshhorn. Washington D.C is a lovely city and with free museums it is a fantastic bargain for the family and an impressive trip. The hotel was less than 1 mile walk to the Hirshhorn and 4 blocks from the Capitol. The staff couldn't be nicer. We were upgraded to a beautiful room and the doorman actually let us park our car for a few hours at the hotel so we could get to the exhibit. Walking the Mall is a treat!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a large, spacious hotel only five minutes walk away from the political heart of Washington DC.
The hotel is arranged around a central atrium containing the reception, restaurant, bar and lobby, with some rooms facing in to the atrium and the rest out to the city.
The bar and restaurant never looked busy during my stay, so I'd look somewhere else if you want atmosphere. Breakfast was good - the buffet option offered several kinds of smoked fish along with the more usual American selection.
There is no self parking - valet only - but it all works well. My only real negative is that you have to pay for wifi in your room. That said, it's available free in the public areas, and thanks to the way the hotel is laid out, don't be surprised if you can pick up the lobby signal in your room.
And if you've had a few too many American hotel breakfasts, there is a good fitness centre on site.
As someone else would be paying for the wifi and valet parking, I would stay here again for business. I'm not so sure the Washington Court would get my holiday dollars.

Room Tip: Inward facing rooms may lower your wifi bill, unless they lead-line the atrium roof after reading th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent located hotel, close to all monument.
Rooms are big enough as well bathroom.
Great hotel for it's price!

1  Thank GeorgeXgr
Reviewed February 8, 2013

A business trip takes me to this hotel every year. The hotel serves it's purpose but could stand to improve their customer service. The only reason I stay here is because of the convenience to conference meetings. It is also very expensive for the quality and service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dallas_Family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Washington Court Hotel was the most customer-friendly hotel I've ever stayed in. Everyone was friendly, courteous and went the proverbial above and beyond to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. It's in a great location and offers fabulous deals when Congress isn't in session.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda C
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I made arrangements for a block of rooms for a wedding weekend and the hotel gave us an excellent rate. The service and accommodations were more than we expected. Every member of the staff went out of there way to respond to every request me made and even provided some extra service that we did not expect. The all seemed to be aware of our "party" - and were helpful in every regard. The valet service was a little steep ($42 a night) but the convenience and lack of parking in the downtown area made this worthwhile. The real advantage was "Sam" the doorman. He was aware of the stress and coordination of weddings and our group's coming and going. He was ready to respond to any request and did it professionally and with a warm friendly smile.
I would highly recommend looking into this hotel on any occasion you may be planning in DC.
Weekend rates especially are very reasonable for a downtown location near the Capital, Mall, and Union Station - which is a central location for the subway and you can get to all points of the center via the metro. The rooms are very nice and we were given a Executive King Room which a bit larger than the standing room which we needed for the wedding (dressing - bridal party, etc.)
I would recommend that if you desire a tub over a shower to ensure you specify your desires because some of the rooms (Executive King) have large walk in showers only. This was not an issue for my stay - but just something to be aware should you stay here.
I can not say enough about this hotel. I know there are always plus and minus reviews and no single review can reflect every stay - but this is my "go to" hotel anytime I am staying in DC.
I hope you consider this location, and please say hello to "Sam" for me !

Room Tip: Good views of the Capital Dome - very nice at night - but make sure you have a room with a number en...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family