All reviews american university the shuttle driver national cathedral wisconsin avenue hotel shuttle russian embassy memory foam complimentary wine whole foods woodley park metro station dog park free shuttle boutique hotel onsite restaurant wine hour georgetown area yoga mat
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Booked in for a 4 night stay. One room had the AC broken and couldn't go below 79 degrees and I had to go back and forth with the front desk and the maintenance about it until they eventually transferred us to a second room.

A few days after leaving I was charged an additional $26 per day for amenities fee which included their shuttle (It goes 1 mile!) phones and WiFi. None of which we used. Not optional. The shuttle and the WiFi are listed as free and complimentary on the google synopsis below this review section. Apparently they are not free at all.

Every room has a mini fridge which is impossible to use as its filled with overpriced mini bar items. Bed is quite firm, and pillows are hit or miss. Some firm, while some are collapsed to the point that they are unusable. Not once did house keeping come by our room even with no sign placed on the door.

However the location was kept clean and it was in a great neighborhood. Copy/Pasted from my Google review.

Room tip: Higher floors have higher temperatures.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven K
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights over Labor Day Weekend and it was a very nice stay.

The location is convenient to American University and Georgetown. although it is hilly getting up to AU. But they have a free shuttle to take you around to AU, Georgetown area, and the Woodley Park Metro station. You are a short walk to the National Cathedral and neighborhood shops and restaurants. Georgetown area is also walk-able, as it's less than a mile but it's all downhill. Getting back we took a Lyft and it was $8.

The room was great, with a nice bed and a good shower. The AC worked fine and wasn't too noisy. Our room also had a nice view of D.C.

There is free coffee and tea in the lobby every morning which is a nice treat.The elevators are also very fast which is a nice change from other hotels we have stayed in.

We had breakfast at the Casolare Restaurant in the hotel, but only once, as the prices were too high. We did not have dinner there for the same reason. There are more reasonable places just a short walk away.

The room rate was excellent to top it off!

All in all, this was a very nice place to stay in D.C. and I would definitely return on my next visit.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view
Reviewed September 5, 2018

They gave my room away. When reservation made, specifically made note of check-in time as 7:00 AM as took red-eye from L.A. Needed place to freshen up and change and was willing to pay for hotel room to do this. When I arrived at hotel, they had given my room away, said nothing was in notes as to late arrival and charged my credit card. Upon returning to L.A. contacted Kimpton and the notes about late arrival were on my reservation and now it is taking days to get the charges reversed. Too many other hotels to pick from to ever have to go through this again!

Room tip: Go to a different Hotel Chain
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank jimperi105
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Room was very nice and clean. But I got charged almost $53.00 for amenities like free WIFI, shuttle service local and long distances phone calls! I never in all the hotels that I have stayed around the world I had to pay for something that it was free or I didn't use it in the first place! I am not happy about this charge but the clerk at the check out said that
this charge is applied to all the guests for the use the amenities! I bet there's a lot of arguing going on at the check out in this hotel! I would not be coming back you can take advantage of someone else but you are done with me!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Spent three nights with my wife visiting Washington. Great ambiance, bright rooms, friendly staff... A good place to go back to if spending time in Georgetown but also as a base to visit the main attractions.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel