2,079 results
All reviews dupont circle jockey club anderson house phillips collection luxury hotel front desk staff beautiful hotel metro station location is great per day two blocks white house valet parking national mall iprefer embassies neighborhood
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We were a packaged tour of 17 and this was the hotel. Renovations were not an imposition but not restaurant on site, except for the continental breakfast cold cuts and rolls provided. Still, it worked. Clean, generally friendly. No complaints.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

We’re happy that, on balance, you enjoyed your time at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. Thank you for your feedback about your stay and please think of us the next time you’re visiting DC.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

I will say that I've stayed at a lot of hotels and the staffing is very important and your staff is top notch! Always friendly and ready to help....from the front desk staff, to Rama who always seems to be the most helpful person I've ever met to the bell captain. I love staying at the Fairfax and always feel like I'm visiting family when I return! Keep up the great work!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank capitalcitytours1790
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

You made our day with your stellar review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row and we thank you. We couldn’t be happier to hear that you always feel like you’re among family when you stay with us. Our team, particularly Rama, will be delighted to have their hard work acknowledged. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for just two nights. The main entrance was under renovation so they were using side door as main entrance/ makeshift reception. Hotel has character and in keeping with the surrounding area. Room was good with Edwardian decor. A bit “chintzy but nice. Bed was comfortable. Good location 10 minute walk from metro station. Restaurants/bars a short walk away

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We’re very happy you liked the charm and decor of our building. Thank you for your lovely review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row and letting us know that you enjoyed your time with us. It’s great that you found your bed to be comfortable and that our location offered you many local dining options as well as ease in exploring DC. We hope you’ll stay with us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Very nice place , spacious rooms, service is excellent and staff is adorable, you get what you expect from hotel experience,I went there twice once with my family and once on a buisiness trip, and both times I was really happy. Can’t wait to check out the new restaurant that is being built now.

Trip type: Traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

We read with great joy that you had two happy experiences at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. Thank you for your stellar review of our facility and kind words about our staff. We’re delighted that both of your stays with us lived up to your high expectations. It will be our pleasure to have you back as our guest and we look forward to your thoughts about our renovation reveal.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I have read some of the other comments - and I want to say my experience was stellar. I travel in my business and have stayed in hundreds (maybe thousands of hotels!) - and the staff was the absolute best I have ever encountered. I had some last minute changes and situations I needed help with as well as documents that needed printing and each encounter I had over the phone or sitting in front of them was beyond pleasant and helpful. I will stay there again when I head back to DC. (And right next door there is a 1900's mansion with a connection to the American Revolution that has a free tour that I also highly recommend. And a great summertime Sunday morning farmers market is a block away in Dupont Circle.

Room tip: We spurged a bit and had a suite which included a sitting room and a view of the the Indonesian Embassy - quite nice.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Connie, we’re flattered by your five star review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row. It’s very rewarding to us to have you acknowledge our staff as the best you have ever encountered. We shall share your praise with our team. It was our pleasure to provide you with a very enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.