The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
$97
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$199
$207
  • Room Service
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$217
$151
  • Breakfast included
$186
$170
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$343
$132
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$239
$131
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$309
$269
$179
1,995 results
All reviewsdupont circlejockey clubanderson housephillips collectionluxury hotelfront desk staffbeautiful hotelmetro stationlocation is greatper dayking bedbusiness centertwo blocksdc areawhite housevalet parkingnational mall
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfax for two nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful, first rate service. When my original room only had a shower, they happily moved me to another room with a bathtub. There was some sort of temperature governor on the faucet that was set too low, so a repairman was sent up to fix the problem within 5 minutes of my complaint.
The lounge bar was remarkable for several reasons. First, it is lovely and clubby with nice wi-fi. The lunch special included the best tomato soup I've ever had. Tea is served correctly, in a pot, with a cup and saucer, fitting the sort of British riding/sailing club mood. I was working so the waiter moved the table around so that I had enough room to spread out and work. Very attentive service.
The bar had very helpful and fun staff who took obvious pride in their work, refusing to use bottled lime juice for the best whiskey sour I've ever had--fresh lime only.
I didn't eat in the restaurant, the once the famous Jockey Club, but the fabulous grand marnier souffle can be enjoyed in the bar. The bartenders were kind enough to rush my souffle order in to make it before closing. The souffle is the best anywhere, and I'm told the same person has been in charge if these works of art for 30+ years. Ditto for the person assigned to the steak tartare. I didn't try the steak but it will be the first thing I try on my next visit. The folks making these dishes are a national treasure. The scene, mood and the style is all Mad Men, for real.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have showers, no bathtub. Fitness room was very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Well, we’ve never been compared to the stylized scenarios depicted on Mad Men before! Your review was refreshing and fun to read and we thank you for letting us know how happy you were with your stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. Our dedicated staff works very hard to ensure each and every guest’s needs are met and that you leave here fully satisfied with your experience. It seems we met that goal with you and we thank you for letting us know. We hope you are able to join us again in the future and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel staff were very friendly, and the location near Dupont Circle was excellent. I'd give it 4.5 if I could.
I had a room facing the street, 2nd floor, and had no trouble sleeping with the window open. The rooms were of decent size - only thing I missed was a bathtub rather than just a gigantic shower. :)
Possible minuses for some:
Very expensive bar, as well as breakfast ($24, before tips).
No seating section in lobby.
You have to pay for wifi (or use the free wifi in the lobby).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay at The Fairfax at Embassy Row. We do appreciate hearing that our staff provided excellent service and that you enjoyed a restful night’s sleep. Please don’t hesitate in the future to let us know of your preferences so that we may provide you with the accommodations that best suit your needs. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not everything that you had anticipated and we would hope to be able to welcome you back for the exceptional stay that you deserve. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The service people were terrific...the room was comfortable,clean,with magnificent paintings of DC...the bar is comforting,room service is right on the food was great...the location can't be beat...and the price was right....

Room Tip: I would think any room is a good room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harvey S

It is always our goal to provide our guests with an experience that is second-to-none and it seems we accomplished that during your recent stay. Thank you for your gracious compliments of our staff, accommodations and decor. We will be sure to let them know how much you enjoyed your experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome back to The Fairfax at Embassy Row very soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a short business trip. The location couldn't have been more convenient: about 15 minutes from Regan National, 1.5 blocks from the Metro, on the very charming Embassy row, steps away from Dupont Circle. From the check-in, every single staff member was courteous and helpful. I stayed in a superior room on the 5th floor. Although there was no view, it was quiet, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was modern. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

It's wonderful to hear when a guest appreciates the charm of the area that surrounds The Fairfax at Embassy Row and its convenience to the rest of Washington, DC. We can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding your stay and for your compliments for our staff. Thank you so much for your recommendation and the great review. We look forward to your next visit and hope that it's soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference that was at the Hilton. Walking distance to the Hilton. Superior king room was nice but on the smaller side. Very clean. Very comfy beds. Great bathroom! Room service was very helpful with an "order ahead" breakfast option. No noise at all. Only issues were one that this was an older hotel, and so there wifts of mildew. I think my allergies did not take so well to that. Also, it was very warm in our room and our temperature gauge could not do much about it. Hotel staff took a look at it while I was at the conference, but the issue was never resolved. Perhaps it is not something that they have control over, being an older hotel. Overall I really enjoyed my stay though.

• Stayed: November 2012

It was great to welcome you to The Fairfax at Embassy Row during your recent conference. Please accept our apologies regarding any difficulties you may have experienced and we are working on addressing your concerns. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed a restful night's sleep and took advantage of our convenient room service during your stay. The pleasure would be all ours to welcome you back for another great stay in the future and we thank you for your review.