We just stayed here 6 nights and though the hotel room was clean and comfortable, my family would not stay here again. Here are the Pros & Cons that we found for this hotel.
Pros: Clean Room, Comfortable Beds, Close to the White House & Subway
Cons: No Ice Machine (so we had to rent a refrigerator for $25 to have cold water), no Coffee Machine in the Room (because they want you to buy their Starbucks coffee downstairs), not the greatest room service (after 3 days without new shampoo/conditioner, we had to call and ask for it), and no customer service (none!)
When we approached the Concierge to ask about the Memorial Weekend festivities, she gave us a blank stare and it was obvious she didn't know. She was completely clueless. When we tried to use the Fiat for free transportation within the area, we were told it was booked for the next several hours. I said that the website states it is "first come, first serve" and she said yes exactly. I guess their definition of reservations is a little different than most.
When I go on vacation, I like to stay in a 4 star (or 5 star hotel if affordable) to feel pampered and taken care of while I'm away from home. This hotel did nothing to make me feel special, pampered, taken care of, or even welcomed.
These complaints may not matter to some of you and depending on the price, it might be the right hotel for you but I was disappointed and will try another property next time. Good luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., Our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. Luxury hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc