Our room was nicely decorated, but fairly small. We appreciated that they had a safe in the room. The hotel location is pretty good, advertised as in the White House area, but about 0.6 mile from White House. It is about 4 blocks from the closest metro.
The hotel brags that they are a "four star" hotel, but definitely could a few improvements:
1. No vending machines. (You can buy a soda from a room temp cupboard in the room for $3.80, candy for $6, water for $7 plus tax, or alternatively, I was told, walk to CVS about 3 blocks away)
2. No ice machines (They claim bringing ice is a part of the 4 star service).
3. Extremely SQUEAKY room doors. We stayed there 6 nights and were woken up every morning by the horribly squeaky front door in the room adjacent to ours. The entire hotel could probably benefit by a little WD-40 sprayed on the room doors.
4. “Free” 2 mile radius Fiat driving service was not available even once when we needed it during out 6 day stay. The one time we thought it might work, the woman booking Fiat rides informed us she had made a mistake when we arrived at her desk (a little late), so instead we walked.
5. The hotel has no gift/supply shop. They recommended that I walk to CVS, about 3 blocks, to get bandages for the bleeding blisters on my feet (OUCH) .
6. No coffee machines in the rooms (possibly an attempt to make more money for the hotel, by forcing guests to buy coffee from room service?)
7. No brochures or maps are on display at the concierge desk. We had to wait to get any sort of information from the concierge, one of whom was so long winded, we were guaranteed a 10 minute wait if someone was in front of us.
Overall, nicely remodeled older hotel in decent location, however, offering guests the ability to do things themselves, having more amenities on hand, and using WD-40 on room doors would have earned this hotel a higher rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc