“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice stay”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was in Washington, D.C. for work and thanks to Kauthor my stay at the Loews Madison was excellent. Kauthor was very personable and informative. The staff at the front desk and door were also great in securing early morning cabs. I look forward to staying at the Loews Madison again the next time I'm in DC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Christine L,
Thank you for taking time to review your Loews Madison experience. I’m glad it was a nice stay that has you planning to return to us! Thank you for highlighting our staff – Kaouthar, our head concierge, is a shining star on our team. With her combination of knowledge about Washington, DC, and dedication to our guests, we hear frequently about wonderful experiences and memories she has helped create!

I’m glad you experienced our commitment to top notch service all around, from the doormen assisting with cabs, to our front desk. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison – we’re excited to welcome you back!

Justin Adam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beautifully refurbished room with modern amenities and =great friendly front desk attentive staff-Neveed is an awesome guy along with Milan- the concierge:-)

The only suggestion is to improve the housekeeping department, needs daily reminder for room service and extra amenities to be replaced.

Room Tip: Pick deluxe room upgrade if possible
Green Features: Recycling facilities are visible in all public area...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris W,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I’m glad you found our renovated property to be beautiful and enjoyed the amenities we offer. I really appreciate your note about our team members who work hard each day to deliver service that exceeds expectations. Naveed with our Front Desk team, and Milan, concierge, are excellent examples of our knowledgeable, friendly and professional staff. We are lucky to have them both on our team! I’m very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with housekeeping and have reviewed this with our department director to ensure we address this lapse in service immediately. We are continually looking to improve ourselves and deliver memorable service at every turn, so thank you for bringing to our attention.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Madison anytime your travels bring you to DC.

Liskeard, Cornwall
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights for a trip to Washington. Hotel has everything you could need for a stay. Room was very welcoming and comfortable as was the bed. Good strong air conditioning too as it was very hot while we were there! Would book again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear James P,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I’m glad we could provide everything you need, and you felt welcome and comfortable. We always want our guests to feel supremely comfortable, so thank you for letting us know we delivered.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we would love to welcome you back anytime you travel to Washington, DC.

South Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I fell in love with Loews Madison. Arrived at the hotel at 8:30 a.m. and I knew the room wouldn't be ready. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was excellent. The room was ready by 10 am and I couldn't have been happier! The room was excellent. The bed was heaven, the room was quiet and it was sparkling clean. Stayed there with my daughter on a trip to look at a college in the area and after staying in MANY hotels over the past year for this purpose, I can say without question this was the best hotel by far. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. We enjoyed the breakfast so much on our last night there we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was delicious and my rather picky eater daughter was very happy with her meal. Every staff member we met was friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and again and again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fifth floor with two queen beds. Very roomy. The view was of another building...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kate9340
Dear kate9340,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. It’s such a wonderful compliment that you fell in love with this property we all love so much, and you’d stay here again and again. I’m very happy we could provide a great experience, and at such a memorable and important time as looking for colleges with your child!

It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed the room and comfortable bed, and that you experienced our staff’s helpful, friendly attitude. Thanks for reviewing our on property restaurant, PostScript- I’ll be sure to pass on the kudos to our Food & Beverage team.

Exciting news for return visits – this Summer 2014, we’re proud to be opening Chef Jose Garces’ new DC restaurant at Loews Madison, an Argentian steakhouse. Hopefully you can visit soon.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and please come again for a stay and a meal anytime you’re in DC!

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

It was great to see The Madison update its rooms and have included wifi. This was a pleasant stay but I could not help but notice a smoky old smell in the corridors. It was fine but the neighborhood was not as good as I remembered from past years.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear lton,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and property, as well as the complimentary WiFi we offer in all guest rooms and our lobby. I’m disappointed learning that you noticed an odor, as this is not feedback we have heard from other guests. We are very focused on cleanliness and creating a comfortable environment, and I will be sure this is something we monitor closely. I’m glad it was a pleasant stay overall.

Did you get a chance to enjoy a complimentary FIAT ride with our new guest chauffeur service? Our drivers will drop-off in many locations, including the very nearby 14th Street, busy restaurant scene, of course the White House just four blocks away, and many other sites.

I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison when your travels bring you to DC. Perhaps you can return after we open Chef Jose Garces new restaurant at Loews Madison this summer 2014!

Director of Rooms
Western U.S.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Loved the bed, nice pillows, excellent sheets, good t.v., very nice bathroom, and in a decent location with proximity to the White House area. Staff was very friendly. Bar was small but nice. Bell staff very good. Overall happy experience at another fine Loews location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ryder03
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear ryder03,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I’m very happy you enjoyed the room and bed so much and found everything comfortable. It’s always our goal to deliver a supremely comfortable stay, and I’m also happy you enjoyed the bathrooms and in-room TVs. Thanks for mentioning our very convenient location, just four blocks from the White House. I appreciate the note about our staff – they are dedicated to our guests, and I’m happy it showed.

I’m glad you found our PostScript bar and lounge nice and am very excited to let you know that in Summer 2014, we’ll be opening renowned Chef Jose Garces’ Argentian steakhouse restaurant at Loews Madison!

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and I hope we can welcome you back again anytime you visit Washington, DC.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Loews Madison in DC for a few nights for our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a top floor luxury suite and chocolate strawberries, champagne on ice, and a lovely signed card were waiting for us in the room. The location is outstanding-we were within walking distance or a two-mile cab trip to Georgetown, the National Mall, monuments, and all the museums we wanted to see. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and very dark and night even with the large windows. The service at the front desk and concierge was prompt, personal, and enthusiastic. Sylvia at the front desk was especially sweet. We ate breakfast at PostScript in the hotel and it was fairly priced and well-prepared. It is a bit pricey for us ordinarily but for a special occasion, and for the ambiance and service, it was well worth it. Overall an exceptional stay.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank bmdels
Dear bmdels,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. A big congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage! I’m delighted we could be a part of a wonderful honeymoon experience. I’m glad you enjoyed one of our suites and our team’s welcome to you. We are dedicated to top notch service that leaves a lasting impression, so thank you for noting the prompt, personal service you received. Sylvia is indeed a gem, and we’re fortunate to have her on our team!

I appreciate you noting our very convenient location, great for walking to the White House just four blocks away, as well as other monuments and sites and areas like Georgetown. It’s great you enjoyed everything on property from your room to a meal in our PostScript restaurant. We’re also very excited to open Chef Jose Garces’ new Argentinian steakhouse at Loews Madison in Summer 2014.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and congratulations again. I hope we can welcome you back again soon for another exceptional stay!