“Luxury”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Australia
“Luxury”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What a great hotel! The beautiful room, twin share, was large, with two comfortable double beds and great pillows. The bathroom was clean and well appointed with lovely shower and bath products. The hotel staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hotel is within easy walking distance to many monuments and sights. We were disappointed we were only in Washington for one night! We would definitely stay at this hotel if visiting Washington again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear jnf2407,
I’m so glad we had the chance to host you in DC for your travels and like you, I wish you’d had more time with us! Thank you for providing this feedback about your Loews Madison stay. I’m delighted you experienced our luxury hotel and enjoyed the accommodations, our friendly staff and our convenient location for walking to see many sights. We would love the chance to welcome you again anytime you travel to Washington, DC.

Justin Adam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The service was superb and my room was very clean and inviting. The location is excellent and within a short walk to many sights and restaurants, etc. I would recommend this as a great hotel if you are going to spend some time in Washington, DC.

Room Tip: My room had a shower only which worked fine for me but if you prefer a tub and shower combination, y...
Green Features: They were very mindful of recycling and saving power.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mary B,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m so happy you experienced superb service, as this is always a priority for our team! It’s wonderful you found us to be nice, inviting and accommodating, and it sounds like you took advantage of our great location for sightseeing and more. Thank you for recommending us for others visiting DC, and we so appreciate you choosing Loews Madison. We hope to see you again soon from Music City!

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great hotel! The only place I will consider when I go to DC. Great service, great staff, beautiful rooms. Every time I enter the hotel I am greeted with a smile. Romeo, the doorman is the best in the city.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Dean E,
It’s an honor to be the only hotel for you when you visit DC! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am absolutely delighted to hear how much you appreciate our service, staff and accommodations. You are on spot on about Romeo – he is a treasured and exceptional member of our team. We’ll be sure to share your note with Romeo! We look forward to welcoming you in our doors every time you travel to DC, and we appreciate you choosing Loews Madison.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay in Washington, DC last minute for a quick family trip and everything was great! Great location, walking distance to the Mall and monuments. Hotel lobby and rooms a beautiful, No complaints regarding my trip. I would absolutely be back, well worth the cost.

Stayed October 2013
Dear Hotelguru311,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am absolutely delighted your last-minute trip with family was a great one, and that you enjoyed the Loews Madison as part of your DC stay. It’s wonderful to know our great location within walking distance to the sights is a reason you would stay again with us, along with our beautiful lobby and rooms. Since I see that you’re an Annapolis resident, perhaps sometime you can try our sister property, Loews Annapolis Hotel, for a ‘staycation’ and meal! We would also love to welcome you back to Loews Madison anytime you decide to visit DC, and thank you for choosing us.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A very Nice hotel. The hotel is in a walking distance to a Metro station. A 10 minutes walk to Vernon Convention Center if your in town to attend a conference. In the Street behind the hotel.there is a CVS store. A Radio Shack is 100 meters away. You can walk to the many tourist sites. Five minutes walk is Conneticut avenue with many shopping places and my favourite cafe called Psul, where you get delicious french food and drinks.
The lobby and concierge people are polite and helpeful. The hotel rooms are comfertable and clean.. During my stay over the weekend there where two jazz arrangements in the cafe and bar.
The only thing that did not live up to the level of the hotel is the aircondition system. The aircondition is loud when you put it on. However I did not have to put it on more than a quarter of an hour to get my room warm when i was in D.C during easly December. I had no problems with street noise as I stayed at the 14th floor in a room facing a side street. Therefore this hotel is a 4 stars hotel in my opnion. I do recommend the hotel to both tourist and folk on business trip.

4 Thank Father-Copenhagen
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Father-Copenhagen,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are honored and delighted to be your hotel of choice in Washington, DC. Thank you for the details you shared about our convenient and central location in the heart of the capital, within easy access to shopping, restaurants and cafes, attractions, and the Convention Center. I’m so glad you found our staff to be helpful and polite and enjoyed our rooms, as well as the Friday and Saturday night live jazz series we are running in our PostScript bar and lounge. I am sorry to hear of the issue experienced with the air system but am very glad it wasn’t too much inconvenience. I will reach out to you directly about your room number so we can check this unit. Thanks very much for recommending us, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Madison when you travel to DC.

Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel is utterly AMAZING! From the time we arrived to we left-just amazing. Customer service is outstanding. We had two rooms, king size and two queens and each one of us, enjoyed ourselves. Sylia at the front desk-was SPECTACULAR. Ensuring my Mom and Aunt enjoyed their stay and everything was perfect for the two of them. We tried another hotel, last visit and regretted the entire stay. This hotel is sophisticated-yet not stuffy. The staff from managers to housekeepers all make you feel welcome and at home.

Room Tip: We had the king on the 5th floor. Wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Doslocosguyspvrmx,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and I’m so happy to hear it was amazing from start to finish- and sophisticated, yet not stuffy! I’m very glad your Mom and Aunt had just the experience you were looking for. Outstanding customer service is always a priority for every member of our team, and I’m delighted this was evident to you from the front desk to housekeeping to management staff. Sylvia will definitely hear your positive comments, so thank you for highlighting her service. We would be so glad for the chance to make you feel welcome and at home anytime you travel to DC. Thank you for choosing to spend time with Loews Madison Hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I booked at the Loews for a short trip in October. I specifically chose here because it had free cancellation providing you contact them a day before. As expected, my trip got moved so I notified them more than 24 hours ahead of my visit that I needed to cancel the booking.

What the Hotel did was not to cancel my booking at all. They charged my credit card with the full cost of my stay. I emailed them a few days later to complain and they promised to correct their mistake. However when I checked my statement, they had not cancelled the transaction, they had refunded it. Because I paid with a UK credit card, the amount I got back was less than the amount I was charged (the card applies different rates for receiving and paying in foreign currency), together with an additional foreign transaction charge. I complained again and over about six or seven emails pursued the Loews staff over the fact that I was out of pocket. But to no avail. They seem to think it is a credit card problem. But it isn't. If they had not charged my card in the first place, or subsequently cancelled the charge rather than refunding it, there wouldn't be an issue.
I'm £20 out of pocket. Is that the end of the world to me financially. Fortunately, it's not. But if this is how they treat their customers when they make a mistake, I'd rather not risk the experience of staying in their hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the property, Mr. Carter. We are so sorry to hear about the challenges you have had in reference to billing, but we appreciate you getting in touch with us so that we could expedite a resolution for you. It was a pleasure speaking with you today on the phone and learning that past experiences at Loews have been positive for you. We are delighted to hear that this inconvenience has not caused you to look elsewhere for future travels to DC. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Madison Hotel on your next trip to Washington DC!