Summary: We stayed here for a weekend in june. The Madison is a very nice DC hotel which provide you with everything you need for your DC stay.
Check-in and reception: We arrived by taxi from Union Station. No problems at all. Our bags where promptly taken care of as we arrived. Check-in was quick and easy. Did not have to present passport (as you usually have to in Europe). We had a Newseum package and our tickets where given to us at check-in. The receptionist was kind and efficient, but a bit cold.
Room: We had a double double at the top floor. Room was clean and pretty spacious (we had the smaller kind of room, deluxe). Air condition was efficient and did not give us the usual aircon-cough. Bed were comfortable but may be a bit too firm for some. Bathroom-amenities, mini-bar and room equipment met expectations. The towels were huge and very soft. We only got one bathrobe, though. We were supposed to have NYTimes delivered to our room, but that did not happen. Newspapers are available in the lobby.
Breakfast (@ postscript restaurant): Breakfast was included in our room package. Postscript serves a great a la carte breakfast. We had omeletes on day one and a breakfast BLT with eggs on day 2. Both were very good. Good coffee and great orange juice. The give you a coffee to go as you leave, which is a nice touch. A very pleasant start of our two days in DC.
Restaurant (the Federalist): We ate at the hotel restaurant one of the nights. A very good experience (see separate review here: )
Location: The hotel is located in Downtown DC. If you plan on spending a lot of time in Georgetown, you might want to consider a different hotel. If your main purpose is visiting locations such as the WH, the national mall and the Smithsonian, the madison is perfect.
Check-out: Quick and efficient. The made a mistake at postscript and charged us for breakfast. That was quickly taken care of by the receptionist.
Service: The piccolo was a very nice and good-humoured guy. The receptionists were a bit colder. We asked for a late check-out at 3 PM, but only got 1 PM free of charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated retreat with historic charm, The Madison, a Hilton Hotel is just steps from K Street, and only blocks from the White House, the city’s convention center and two Metro stations. Walk to Dupont Circle and McPherson Square. This heart-of-downtown location makes the hotel convenient for sightseeing, conferences and business. We are five miles from Washington National Airport. Our service-centered hotel boasts PostScript Restaurant and Lounge, fabulous event space for up to 500, a sauna and steam room in the health club, and some suites with balconies. We are also family- and pet-friendly. Each guest room, suite and accessible accommodation has free WiFi, a flat-screen TV and comfy bathrobe. On higher floors, our suites offer free premium-plus WiFi, a coffeemaker and a sofa bed in the living area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc