“Good overall”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Good overall”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Smart sort of place on a quite corner but very central. Keys don't work and though this was well known to staff it seemed to be my problem, otherwise service good, except in restaurant at breakfast which was fussy and intrusive. All bedroom doors slammed without any though given to soundproofing the frames, so it was Very noisy at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 18, 2013

For the most part the room was clean, except the blinds need dusting. The bathroom was nice and the room was quiet. I didn't hear any of the other guests. The doormen were very nice, especially Romeo. He was very attentive and genuinely seemed happy. I ate at the restaurant downstairs, which was a little overpriced, but the food was very good and just what I needed. I would eat there again. There is a Caribou Coffee house directly across the street, which is where I had breakfast every morning. I had a breakfast and coffee for approximately $5.00. This hotel was in a great location. Taxi fare to the Department of Justice ranged from $7 - $11. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here on 4/11 for a business trip. The hotel itself was very nice with several dining options. We ate both breakfast and lunch here and both meals were above average. The only issue that I did have during my stay was when I checked out, I left my suit jacket, cufflinks and tie in the room. I did not realize this until 2 days later when I was checking out of the Westin in Georgetown where I extended my buisness trip into a pleasure visit. Upon realizing my error, I placed a call to the Loews and asked if I can swing by to pick up my jacket, assuming it would be in the lost and found. I was told that the lost and found was closed for the weekend and they would not be able to accomodate or even check to see if my items were indeed recovered. Oh well. I then called the very next day first thing in the AM. I received a call back at 5:30 PM from a nice young lady who took my info and informed me that she would check the room because nothing fitting that description had been turned in. She called me back the next day at 6 PM and informed me that nothing had been found, however she would keep searching and call me if anything showed up. It has been 1 month and nothing. Oh well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cdferrara20
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We're very sorry to hear about your missing suit jacket. We do collect all items found in our guest rooms so we can return them as promptly as possible. Having re-confirmed with our team, a jacket was never found in your room and we apologize for the lack of communication surrounding the issue. We thank you for your feedback and will use your comments to further improve our Lost & Found services.

Warm Regards,
Sherry Abedi
Hotel Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very well located in downtown DC. Friendly stafff, and nice and clean. The room was on the small side but well appointed. Bar downstairs was comfortable and not noisy, so good for having a meeting over drinks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I just completed a week long stay at the Loews Madison and must say I was thorougly impressed. The property was just renovated last year and has gone through a complete renovation. Service levels were outstanding and food in the restaurants were great. I had breakfast every morning and entertained clients at the bar at night. The hotel is also a great location in downtown DC, just a few blocks from the White House and not far from the convention center. I plan on vacationing in DC with my family later this year and will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
pompano beach florida
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just completed an 18 hour stay, associated with a wedding. Honesty - my policy - it was wonderful. Planning early we were able to obtain deeply discounted rooms (3) for our party.

The glorious discount was however diluted by steep valet overnight parking. But just above the D.C norm. Our car was delivered within ten minutes of making the call.

Envisioning myself as a hound, I would be able to catch the fox owing to the bank of six high speed elevators covering the 12 floors. Nary a wait, even with a full house.

The Madison does not appear to be a tourist hotel in the general sense, due to it's distance from Metro stations and the activities on the Mall. Seeking a very quiet night away with that certain "one". Look no further.

Stop, breathe in the aura of being in the heart of another branch of our government ... Lobbyist Central, one block south on "K" street.

A Top tier of "Olde World" middle east gentlemen await the opportunity to be of service.

Room Tip: Know that the Bridal Suite is the only room with a view.