“Great Value for Classic Luxury”

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #70 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbia, MD
“Great Value for Classic Luxury”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend night here as a quick getaway. Had booked a regular deluxe room. The hotel coordinated with the mobile spa service that they work with, relax and rejuvenate, to recommend a larger room (+$60) which could accommodate the 2 tables for a couples massage. Definitely worth the shift and cost - the Grand Penthouse King rooms are fabulous. One large room on the top floor with a living space which includes 2 side chairs and a 2 person sofa. Very comfortable and relaxing. Recommend that you do the Valet package in your booking (valet was only $10 for the night). Room service menu was scrumptious and fast - 30 minutes tops. Rooms are quiet, dark curtains don't let in the morning light. May hear some noise from the corridors but barely. Great customer service from all staff.

Only negative - we ate brunch at the Federalist the next morning and that was a let down - food too salty, distracted waiter, wrong food and drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
east coast, usa
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel is beautiful! The room was very clean and comfortable and did not show any signs of wear or overuse--in fact, all seemed entirely brand new. The lobby and meeting rooms were also lovely. The staff is outstanding: very friendly and accomodating, from the doormen to reception to the wait staff at our meeting dinner and lunch. The location is great: an easy walk to the White House and then on to the other sites. I woud definitely stay here again!

1 Thank profed
Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. The bed was Very comfortable the bathroom clean with a good shower and nice amenities ( no shower cap which was annoying). I thought the room when I arrived which was traditional in its decoration was elegant but after 4 days found it a little dark and depressing. I think this was due to the dark furniture and grey walls. That aside it was a relatively spacious room. The room service breakfast and dinners I had were good but Luke warm by the time I received it. I also once the fog of jet lag lifted had breakfast downstairs and that was good. I ate at The Federalist for lunch and dinner and both were good and the staff very friendly. I would recommend eating there. The location was good within walking distance to most things. The front desk staff and concierge were efficient but not that welcoming. However in their defence it was busy. I had a reasonably quiet room although on the Saturday night the people above me were really noisy but fortunately early in the evening rather than later. This was not the most fabulous hotel I have stayed at but it was good and comfortable and that is all you need really!

1 Thank sandymacc
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed for three nights, the last one was against my will due to the "snow" storm that did not happen. Excellent service all the way around, comfortable and luxurious room. Had four meals at the Federalist (restaurant in hotel) and all four of them were excellent, and I would make the Federalist a "go to" restaurant on its own.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice, comfortable, and elegantly decorated room. Great service and smiles from everyone we encountered.

Location was excellent.

One problem was that it seems the ceiling of the room is so thin I could hear my upstairs neighbor sneezing and I swear I could understand his entire morning conversations over the phone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and 16 year old daughter went to DC for a few days on February vacation, and I had searched for a hotel near the key sights that had a seperate sleeping space for my daughter without having to rent 2 rooms. The Madison has suites available for a reasonable price which were very nice. The hotel is also walking distance the White House and a short walk to the Metro to get you everywhere else. Also lots of good restaurants nearbye - including the hotel restaurant. Excellent service from all the staff, and great help from the concierge. Very comfortable and clean room. We very much enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian O
Jefferson, Oregon
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The staff was most accommodating and helpful, with the exception of the Concierge on Wednesday evening. She was too involved in her own telephone conversation to help the guests. The Concierge on Friday morning was very helpful and very friendly and seemed to be able to take care of the phone and the guests very well. I was there from Sunday February 24 to March 1.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMMadison, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We regret to hear that your first encounter with our concierge did not live up to the high service standards we strive to provide. We are, however, delighted that you found our staff to be attentive and helpful during the remainder of your trip. We thank you for your feedback as it will allow us to continue improving our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to the area!

Warm regards,