It is well located in what can be considered "downtown DC", about 5 blocks from the McPherson Square Metro Stop which is the metro stop one uses to get to the White House. If you are looking for a place close to the Mall, then this is too far of a walk for that purpose, though the hotel is so handsome and peaceful, we used cabs to get around which were always waiting guests of the hotel. Cabs are so plentiful in D.C. that finding a cab back to the hotel was easy as well. When you considered the low price of the cab against the cost of individual metro cards for each member of the family, a cab was the better choice and this hotel was worth it.
The staff are delightfully attentive without being annoyingly over-attentive. The staff also pay close attention to detail and strive to meet any request with professionalism. This hotel provided much better service than we usually receive at Westin Hotels which are usually our preference. In our case, our son has life threatening allergies to several types of food and the chef and restaurant managers went to great lengths to be sure that there was no cross contamination of the food. This place has great service, handsome recently renovated decor, and good food. We saw several families with younger children check in over the course of our five night stay but we never heard any disruptions. It had a feel of a hotel that would appeal to adults, but children were certainly welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated retreat with historic charm, The Madison, a Hilton Hotel is just steps from K Street, and only blocks from the White House, the city’s convention center and two Metro stations. Walk to Dupont Circle and McPherson Square. This heart-of-downtown location makes the hotel convenient for sightseeing, conferences and business. We are five miles from Washington National Airport. Our service-centered hotel boasts PostScript Restaurant and Lounge, fabulous event space for up to 500, a sauna and steam room in the health club, and some suites with balconies. We are also family- and pet-friendly. Each guest room, suite and accessible accommodation has free WiFi, a flat-screen TV and comfy bathrobe. On higher floors, our suites offer free premium-plus WiFi, a coffeemaker and a sofa bed in the living area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc