“Nice hotel, great location, would recommend !!”

The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #89 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here for one week in mid to late October. Enjoyed the stay and would recommend this hotel!!
Stayed in a king room with patio- top floor.
Spacious room, nice bathroom and sitting area
Bed semi comfortable
Was quiet and great location
Staff very friendly
Ate twice in lobby cafe: once was great with great service but second time slow and food cold.
Booked through website and got a good deal, but had major bill problems at check out that were never completely resolved despite an email to the manager. Settled at check out for close to fair amount but had a plane to catch so got tired of debating bill despite having confirmation with booked price.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtnbikerScottsdale
Write a ReviewReviews (2,319)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at The Madison with our family this past weekend, The hotel is really well located near the White house and all the museums.
The Rooms are very well appointed, and the complementary coffee in the room is a great touch.
Housekeeping did a very good job, so as the Bar and Front Desk.
The only reason why it is a 4 and not 5 for me, is because of the Porter/ Doorman service, We had to wait over 10 minutes to be greeted when we first arrived, and after returning from dinner, we waited for another 15 minutes, before I had to ask the bellman standing outside to park my car. This is not what I expect when I am paying $40 dollars a day for parking! Please improve that area and you will be the best Hotel in DC.
Besides that, what a great hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank André X
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments! We are sorry to hear about your experience waiting for your car. We strive to provide prompt and attentive service and appreciate your feedback in this regard. We hope you return to The Madison soon so we can provide you with the superior customer service for which we are known!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The rooms are big. The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The restaurant and the cafe at the hotel were great too but the cafe is a bit slow in service. Even though the hotel staff are friendly the cafe staff that run the cafe in the morning never smile. Location is just perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SaraDallal
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Madison is a great hotel. We had a three night say which was extended by an extra night due to Hurricane Sandy. The hotel rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable, cable tv is good and the food is nice. The hotel was great as they were able to extend my stay in the same room with no fuss and help organize transport to the airport. However it has to be noted that the transport is not included in the hotel which would have been a nice to have.

Due to the bad weather we experienced both of the hotels restaurants and we were so happy with the postscript casual dining area. The Postscript restaurant presents diners with exceptional value for the quality of food, please see my blog for posts next week coving the food in more detail.

The only areas we were not impressed with:
1 the doors need some maintenance as they were not easy to close and walking around the floor we noticed several doors remained jarred open -so make sure your door closes
2 the in room air conditioning/heating stages, is very noisy and does not maintain an accurate temperature

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Forktorque
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My son and I stayed at The Madison during our first trip to Washington DC, in August 2012. I searched internet sites for hours to try to find a location from where we could walk the city, and chose the Madison. Going in August, they city is pretty empty, so we had a bargain rate for a luxury hotel. Our 2-queen room was on the small side, which is to be expected in any big city, but it was beautifully decorated and appointed. Friends met us for the getaway, and their room was equally as nice. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the doorman and bellman were extremely patient and understanding of our 3 boys' (all under 10 years old) exuberance. As for walking, we were only a few short blocks from the Metro, and walking to some of the sites is definitely doable.
The next time we're in Washington, we will return to the Madison.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingmom2010
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First of all, I checked in late on a Friday after having spent over 5 hours in the airport with delays, cancellations, etc. so I was beat. The staff was friendly and helpful. They "upgraded" me free of charge - although I don't know what that included as I had reserved a room with a king bed, and I got a room with a king bed. But that is not the important part of this review, the important part is THE BEDS ARE AWESOME. I slept like a baby (but for the noise in the elevator lobby, which my room was directly off of). The bed was so amazing I wanted to lay in bed all day and read my novel (but I was in DC so I had to get out and visit the museums). The second night was just as good as the first (and this time I used earplugs) so again I selpt for almost 10 hours. The room service (although very nice people) was crappy. I got the lobster roll with fries and a large bottle of still water. The fries were limp and cold and just plain gross. The lobster roll was delicious but was about four inches long - I would have enjoyed two of those bad boys. Not to mention that the whole meal cost me $40 which I found horrifying.
Otherwise a great location, super nice and friendly staff, clean and well-appointed rooms, and GREAT BEDS.

Room Tip: Make sure you DO NOT get a room directly off of the elevator lobby on any floor. The noise level was...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Our guest room beds feature Super Plush Englander Velvet Touch mattresses and 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. We are ecstatic that you found them comfortable and were able to rest after your long day of traveling! We apologize that your room service arrived cold, as we strive to provide the best possible quality and value with our in-room dining services. We thank you for your feedback so that we can better address this challenge in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The good things from this hotel are (i) good location. 7 minutes walk to the Mcpherson metro station and the exit is vermont ave (ii) clean (iii) friendly, helpful and informative staff hotel (iv) 5 minutes walk to CVS pharmacy and 12 minutes walk to whole food supermarket (v) unique room interior design (vi) many places to eat nearby hotel (for example subway, pizza authentica, starbuck, potbelly, cosi).

When you check out, please double check the billing as the reception has mistakenly put other guest's bill to ours.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple