“A fantastic stay full of luxury.”

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salisbury
“A fantastic stay full of luxury.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as part of our honeymoon tour around America and this was our favourite by far. I really couldn't find any faults, it was just great.

We were greeted by friendly staff, and the receptionist made us feel so welcome. She noticed via our booking form that we were on our honeymoon, so upgraded us to a large suite close to the top floor with great views. It was outstanding! Really well decorated, immaculate furnishings and cleaning, with a range of products in the bathroom. Two robes were provided for our comfort and full coffee making facilities. Free use of a safe, free wi fi and newspapers every morning.

The gym was well equip with a great business centre so that we could withdraw cash easily. We wanted to book some trips so visited Tony the concierge, he was so knowledgable and helpful and provided an excellent service.

The location is great, only a 5 minute walk to the White House and many other attractions. All the major tour companies pick up just outside of the hotel so it is very easy.

We would definitely stay again if in Washington.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Congratulations! We are honored that you chose The Madison for your honeymoon and thrilled that you enjoyed your suite and the central location of the hotel. We wish you the best and look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A business conference for 130 educators brought me to the Madison for a 2-night, 3-day stay. At first I was unhappy because my room was not ready when I arrived at 4 pm on a Sunday afternoon. The service for the remainder of my stay was quite good and the facilities more than adequate. The room quality was better than I'd experienced at the Capital Hilton, Marriottt, or Hyatt in the same part of town, and the hotel ambiance was more personal and peaceful. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel is excellent, recently renovated the whole hotel was fantastic, but.... the best thing was the staff. Innocent on Concierge was so helpful, nothing was too much trouble for him, he and the rest of the staff presented a first class interface. Well done!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your five star review! Many of our staff members have worked at The Madison for decades and are true experts on customer service. We are glad you found them to be helpful and look forward to your return.
Fairview Heights, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently planned a stay for 2 days in June for my parents 26th anniversary. They made planning it from Illinois very easy. My parents received excellent service, it's all they talked about. The location of the hotel was perfect, my parents had dinner reservations at a restaurant that was just a short walk from the hotel and they were only a short walk from the White House. My parents were surprised with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, which was a very nice touch!! I thank The Madison Hotel for making my parents anniversary very memorable!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently experienced a wonderful stay at The Madison in DC. I was in town for business and, as always, The Madison's ambiance and excellent service remains unmatched. The recent complete renovation is exceptional and creates a relaxing/soothing atmosphere within the hustle and bustle of the busy DC environment. Its location is central to the terrific amenities in the Downtown area and provides a great launching pad for both sightseeing and conducting important business activities. It is my hotel of choice for all DC area trips!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We are thrilled to hear that The Madison is your hotel of choice when visiting our nation's capital. With our restoration complete, our goal is to provide a relaxing and invigorating environment for our guests in the heart of bustling D.C. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next stay.
Point Richmond, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I found myself at the Madison due to arrangements made (and paid for) by others. With a group rate that I expect was about $150/night, this hotel was a welcome place to hang my hat. Very convenient location, great amenities (keurig coffee maker in the room), spot on housekeeping with newer 100% cotton towels, etc. Every staff member with whom I interacted was tops in attitude and customer service. The bed was decent though I have experienced better (and worse) in other high end hotels. What food I had, including bar burger on late evening arrival and continental breakfast, was not memorable. But, DC is not at a loss for great restaurants within walking distance. If the price is right on a future DC trip, the Madison will be on the list of possible accommodations.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank FlatbushFlyer
Aberdeen Township, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a wonderful weekend at the Madison. The staff were approachable and friendly and appeared to show a lot of pride in their work. The hotel decor was beautiful; was told by one of the staff members that the hotel was recently renovated. The room we had was amazing! I wish we had a microwave and dvd player though.

I definitely would recommend this hotel to others, and am looking forward to going back to the Madison in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are glad you liked the look of our newly restored guest rooms. We do offer DVD players and microwaves by request for a minimal fee which can be coordinated through our front desk (On Demand movies are also available). We hope to accommodate you with these amenities when you return!