“Great rooms, beautiful hotel”

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #70 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Great rooms, beautiful hotel”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Location is perfect being near the white house, and several metro stops. Beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were immaculate. Minor issues were that the Wifi was weak to non-existent, and a random parking charge appeared on my bill, which was promptly reversed after calling in. The restaurant/bar within the hotel look great and the staff was very courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms facing North or West are guaranteed to have a view. Can't say so for East and South. Mak...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank HVee_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alicante
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel was very modern, beautiful decoration throughout, and with a good location. However, my 8th floor room was very dark and I had real problems connecting to wifi my entire stay. The wifi simply did not reach the upper floors and was very poor even on the ground floor. I called the concierge and, whilst they were helpful and provided me with a cable to connect in the room, that did not work either. There were also some parking charges added to my final bill when I did not have a car. However, the reception staff simply removed those when I complained. Overall, the hotel was acceptable, but they should really sort out their connectivity issues.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mjjhawkins
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location and the decor of the hotel. We apologize for the issues you experienced with your parking charges and wi-fi connection. We understand the importance of technology and we do not generally experience problems with our connectivity. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at the this hotel. Found it central clean and comfortable nice room wifi in room work well and very nice place to eat in. The restaurant.the decor of our room was lovely.would recommend it totally .it really is only a couple blocks and you are at the white house Fantastic location

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kfbsb02
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Gorgeous hotel, gorgeous room, and very convenient location. The bed is very comfortable with lovely pillows. The bathroom is very nice and the toiletries provided are amazing! The staff is also very courteous and welcoming. The only issue I had was that housekeeping did not make up my room at all during my two-day stay. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting D.C.!

Room Tip: For a more quiet room, ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Good Hotel with good service and location. The problem is the park is for 45$ per night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ecleel
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My stay was not perfect - nothing ever is - but an experience is not dictated by what goes wrong, but how it is resolved and handled. My overall stay was lovely.

The ONLY complaint I have is that (more embarrassing for the hotel than me) at check in, I was sent to an occupied room. Turns out the check in agent just wrote the number down wrong on my key packet. The bellman who took me up handled the situation perfectly, apologized immediately etc. The check in agent apologized and was very nice. The situation was rectified immediately.

Euwie the bellman was SO informative, courteous and helpful.
Tanya at the front desk tolerated my endless questions and fixed an issue with my bill swiftly.
Bismark at the desk was very kind and lovely.
Mo at the Postcript bar (and all the other servers) were attentive and provided excellent service.
Eric at the bar made me the best cocktail (went to my head a little too quickly!) and was very nice.

All the other employees whose names I did not catch excelled in service. The Madison has TONS of staff, which means they have someone there the instant you need something.

The doorpeople are with you immediately as you approach the door to exit or enter, asking if you need a cab etc, and will get one for you right away if you do (the cabs are always lined up right out front, so you'll always have one if you need).

The food at the Postscript was great. I recommend the tuna nachos. I did not try the Federalist so I cannot comment.

There is free wireless everywhere, which makes it easy to work in the lobby or bar etc.

Working at the Postscript bar and lounge is nice because of the floor-to-ceiling windows that afford light and some people-watching distraction.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tlw_niki
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for the five star review! I'm sorry to hear about the mishap with your room, but very glad that it was resolved in a timely manner. I agree that the large windows and wireless in the lobby make it a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Bakersfield, California, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The purpose of our visit was to welcome our son Jeremy, and his co-rider Wesley Barrientos to Washington DC as they completed their 100 day cross-country bicycle ride from Bakersfield, Calif. to Washington,DC for Veterans Awareness. This hotel was recommended by our travel agent, Lorna Young of Sierra West Travel in Porterville, California. It was an excellent choice.

It is located in the heart of the Downtown area. Easy access to all the Monuments, White House, Metro, and tours.

The rooms are verry comfortable, well maintained and the staff was great and very helpful and had knowledge of what is where! No question, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Clayshooter101
We are very glad to hear that your experience at The Madison was a pleasurable one. Memorial Day is a wonderful time to visit D.C. as there are so many activities and events to attend. Congratulations to your son on completing his cross-country bike ride and come visit us again soon!