“Perfect place to stay in DC”

The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #85 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My granddaughter and I recently stayed at the Madison for 5 days. The entire staff was so very helpful in giving directions, arranging tours, procuring cabs, etc. The concierage (Tony Brown) was especially helpful in suggesting restaurants that would be appropriate for both me and my 7 year old granddaughter. In addition, he had a packet of maps and brochures waiting for me at the front desk when I checked in. He also was so helpful in arranging for tickets (which were hand delivered to the Madison) for a very hard to get tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. The rooms were beautifully appointed and very clean. The staff at the cafe and lobby restaurants were very accomodating. I highly recommend staying at the Madison not only for its convenient location but also for the wonderful staff you will meet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ElinoreP

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Superior experience. Well appointed room, with very nice amenities and servibar that was not your typical offerings. Food was surprisingly good. Convenient location, wakable to much of DC. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I was tucked back at the end of the hall and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My family and I visited DC recently and stayed at the Madison for a few nights. It was an outstanding experience from the moment we drove into the parking garage. The staff, from the garage attendees, to the front desk clerks, to the restaurant employees, to the housekeepers was extraordinarily friendly and all greeted us as if we were old friends. The weather during our stay was slightly better than miserable so we spent a good deal of time in the Hotel. The recent renovations were complete and the results were impeccable; every detail was considered. The rooms were beautiful and the décor absolutely perfect. The linens were crisp, pillows puffy, and towels aplenty. We met some friends for drinks one evening in the Madison’s Lobby Bar and enjoyed a unique selection of refreshing drinks. Breakfast at the café-style restaurant, Post Script, offers an eclectic menu to satisfy most appetites…and at a very reasonable price. The only downside of our visit to the Madison is that it has definitely has ‘raised the bar‘ for our teenage children’s expectations of what it means to stay in a hotel. And did I mention the location is ideal for all there is to see and do in DC?

Room Tip: PH-5 Awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marty G
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is awesome.My husband and I stayed the weekend and hated leaving. The attention to detail from the minute you are greeted at your car to the turn down service at night is amazing. The rooms are incredibly clean and extremely comfortable. The food at the Federal was outstanding as was our breakfast in dining room. The hotel is located centrally to many of the monuments and museums. This is truly a first class hotel and we wouldn't hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary R
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights - good, price, nicely decorated and in a very convenient location for exploring Washington. Renovations appeared to be over - we were on the 8th floor, didn't see or hear anything, but guess there could be renovations on other floors. Plenty of towels, nice, comfortable bed etc. Only downside was that we were near the elevators and could hear the gentle "bing, bing" of the bell and people coming back after a night out. Otherwise, couldn't fault it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I went to DC on business and was referred the Madison Hotel. I am happy to say that it lived up to every expectation I had. The decor was first class, top of the notch. Not a penny was spared during this renovation. The staff provided excellent service at every turn. The room was gorgeous and the beds and pillows were the best I have ever laid on! I had breakfast the following morning, and it was brought to the table hot and delicious! I was amazed by the value - it was worth every penny we spent! We will never entertain the idea of staying at another hotel in the DC or surrounding areas!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tricia M
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel is great, excellent room but when it comes to room service there is a different story.
When I arrived in the room we were surprised by our meeting host with several presents like a bottle of white wine, Italian cheese etc. Some how to keep this cool? Put it in the fridge... problem fridge was locked. Called reception desk, soeomen would come with a key. 24 hours later nobody. So called again because I was in need for fresh refreshments for the night. Reception desk said: "you have to take them out of the fridge".. Without a key not possible, on top the fridge was empty. So room service arrived at the moment I was leaving knocking at the room next to mine. Finally for a couple of bottles of water had to sign off for 54 USD! Then wanted to drink some water and saw the glasses were filthy, they were changed after going to the reception desk. The first day the room was no tidied before 5 pm.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business