My partner and I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend in the city. Dining, SPA, tourist attractions, and the theater were on the list. We selected the Jefferson because of its uniqueness and reputation for stellar individual service.We have done this kind of weekend getaway in DC at several other five-star DC hotels: Ritz downtown, Ritz Georgetown, Four Seasons, and the Willard. So the Jefferson was the next obvious choice. I will say that it in the uniqueness (architecture, furnishings, physical space) of the hotel it was superior to all others. In service only the Four Seasons surpassed it. And that was not for want of trying. The only service issues were sometimes they were not on the same page. These kinds of lapses of communication would never have occurred at the Four Seasons. But they are very trivial and I only bring them up to give a full honest assessment. They corrected the minor service glitches quickly. The room was fabulous. We had an Executive Suite and the extra space was wonderful. You will not be disappointed in any manner with this room. I have heard the standard rooms can be small so be aware of that. If I stay again at the Jefferson, which is our intention, it will be in a Suite. The food was magnificent and the facilities are top notch.We did several SPA treatments and the service was the best I have ever received at any SPA. The personal attention is what makes this hotel unique. During our SPA treatments the entire place was to ourselves.It is a rare private experience. The SPA itself does not have all of the SPA amenities that you might find at a resort hotel, ie: pool, or whirlpool, hydra treatments, being the most noteworthy. However, they offer a full suite of SPA treatments and a wonderful steam room. Again the level of personal service is top notch. The piano bar is fabulous and the hotel location of course is perfect for the attractions. All the staff tried very very hard to make our stay enjoyable and they exceeded our rather high expectations. Congrats to the Jefferson and its staff for having, in our opinion, the best luxury hotel in the city- but get a suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 95-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc