“Five Star Boutique”

Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Bethesda, Maryland
“Five Star Boutique”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came back to the Jefferson for our second time. The rooms are beautiful with a large bathroom with a soaking tub and separate shower. The service is top notch. There are so many people here to respond for such a small property. Also, a great location to walk to do many different areas.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
Stanmore, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The most impressive aspect was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel was spotlessly clean and so comfortable. A wonderful oasis to return to after touring all day. I would not look for another hotel in Washington.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Roy A,

I’m so pleased that you chose to stay at The Jefferson during your visit to Washington, DC. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about the friendliness of our staff!
Should you find yourself in the states again, we hope to welcome you back to The Jefferson!

Boston
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I can't remember if I reviewed this hotel before. My son is going to George Mason University and I will be coming back, over and over.

Upon arriving? We were remembered from our last visit by the doorman. (Okay, I'm a good tipper) The staff is gracious, gentile- as one would expect from the south- and professional.

The room is gorgeous. Nice size, and due to our revisit, we were upgraded. Luxurious linens, towels, and old style furniture with a modern twist. I love the suit hanger in the room. And there is a butler on demand. A butler. It is the south. Okay, I'm a little uncomfortable with a butler, but it is a nice option.

Overall, this is a great hotel, not crazy expensive like the Ritz or 4 Seasons, and while I love staying at those places? I find this hotel to be all the experience of those and far more comfortable and personal.

2 Thank sgwhitman
Houston, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Was impressed by the customer service experience here. Everyone from the butler(Abdul) great job to the restaurant stuff was on point when it came to customer service. I stayed in a small room 320 sq ft but i planned on been out touring most of the day and using the hotel as a resting point...if i had known how reasonably priced their food was i would have had dinner every night. The place is 7 blocks from a big bus stop-Red line and 4 blocks from the Yellow line. Its also 7 blocks from the white house, and eat at the Peruvian place Las Canteras in Adams Morgan neighborhood their Yuca and Mahi mahi is to die for. he grilled fish at the hotel restuarant is pretty good to.

1 Thank Supu N
Dear Supu N,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I’m pleased that you had a positive experience with our staff and that you received impressive customer service. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Abdul and our restaurant staff!
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Hartland, Connecticut 06027
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My stay at the Jefferson was just about perfect...from Ahmed to Karen to Frank; everybody treated me like I belonged there! So, my point is: first class service with NO attitude or snobbishness. Lovely outdoor patio as well.

Also, by far the most comfortable hotel bed ever...and what a beautiful room, slippers, robe...and they even pressed my slacks - for free. Overall, I would not stay anywhere else in DC. The Jefferson is spotless with the nice touches one would and should expect.

Room Tip: My room was next to the elevators - but I never heard them. My advise is to speak with the kind folk...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew R
Dear Matthew R,

I’m so glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our complementary amenities including our free garment pressing during your stay with us. I will also pass along your flattering words to the team!
We look forward to welcoming you back!

western qld
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We recently had two nights at the Jefferson and it was an amazing experience from the early morning check in to our departure. It has a wonderful old world feeling with beautiful period decor. The amazing huge bath tub was a delight. Staff were very welcoming and efficient and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Jefferson is gorgeous. Everything is done to a T. All the staff are very courteous. The rooms are classic. We had a room with 2 queen beds for the four of us, and it was quite spacious. The washroom was perhaps the best part of the room, adorned in marble, with a TV in the mirror, nice robes and slippers. One little criticism, the complimentary morning coffee was very strong and perhaps not always fresh, and although the mini muffins were a super nice touch, they would always run out and not get replaced. Overall, we loved our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Carlo9999,

I appreciate your comments regarding you recent stay at The Jefferson, DC and am pleased to read that you and your family had a memorable stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the complimentary morning coffee and muffins in the lobby; I will be sure to follow up with the food and beverage department to make sure this is more closely monitored.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Dbueno@jeffersondc.com