The Jefferson, Washington DC
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$479
$220
$194
$293
$280
$238
$225
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$389
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
$351
$314
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$428
$335
Orbitz.com
$502
Hotelpower.com
1,214 results
All reviewsquill barbathroom mirrorplume restaurantpiano barwhite housedeluxe suitepremier kingunderstated elegancesoaking tubroom serviceturn down servicewalk in showerelegant hotelchocolate covered strawberriescomplimentary coffeehay adamshotel experience
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Was impressed by the customer service experience here. Everyone from the butler(Abdul) great job to the restaurant stuff was on point when it came to customer service. I stayed in a small room 320 sq ft but i planned on been out touring most of the day and using the hotel as a resting point...if i had known how reasonably priced their food was i would have had dinner every night. The place is 7 blocks from a big bus stop-Red line and 4 blocks from the Yellow line. Its also 7 blocks from the white house, and eat at the Peruvian place Las Canteras in Adams Morgan neighborhood their Yuca and Mahi mahi is to die for. he grilled fish at the hotel restuarant is pretty good to.

1  Thank Supu N
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear Supu N,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at The Jefferson. I’m pleased that you had a positive experience with our staff and that you received impressive customer service. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Abdul and our restaurant staff!
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My stay at the Jefferson was just about perfect...from Ahmed to Karen to Frank; everybody treated me like I belonged there! So, my point is: first class service with NO attitude or snobbishness. Lovely outdoor patio as well.

Also, by far the most comfortable hotel bed ever...and what a beautiful room, slippers, robe...and they even pressed my slacks - for free. Overall, I would not stay anywhere else in DC. The Jefferson is spotless with the nice touches one would and should expect.

Room Tip: My room was next to the elevators - but I never heard them. My advise is to speak with the kind folks who check you in...ask where your room is, etc. They are very hospitable.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthew R

Dear Matthew R,

I’m so glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our complementary amenities including our free garment pressing during your stay with us. I will also pass along your flattering words to the team!
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We recently had two nights at the Jefferson and it was an amazing experience from the early morning check in to our departure. It has a wonderful old world feeling with beautiful period decor. The amazing huge bath tub was a delight. Staff were very welcoming and efficient and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The Jefferson is gorgeous. Everything is done to a T. All the staff are very courteous. The rooms are classic. We had a room with 2 queen beds for the four of us, and it was quite spacious. The washroom was perhaps the best part of the room, adorned in marble, with a TV in the mirror, nice robes and slippers. One little criticism, the complimentary morning coffee was very strong and perhaps not always fresh, and although the mini muffins were a super nice touch, they would always run out and not get replaced. Overall, we loved our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Carlo9999,

I appreciate your comments regarding you recent stay at The Jefferson, DC and am pleased to read that you and your family had a memorable stay. Thank you for your comments regarding the complimentary morning coffee and muffins in the lobby; I will be sure to follow up with the food and beverage department to make sure this is more closely monitored.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Dbueno@jeffersondc.com

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We recently spent a weekend at The Jefferson while visiting Washington for the first time. It is a luxurious yet welcoming boutique hotel with very attentive staff. The location is also great, within a few blocks of the White House and a subway station.

We travelled with our two kids (ages 5 and 10) and according to the website the suite was the only room that could accommodate our family of 4. It was very spacious and consisted of a separate bedroom with a majestic king sized bed and a living room where the kids shared a pull-out couch. I must say this hotel has done a marvelous job of staying sleek, clean and updated while preserving its traditional charm. No compromises here.

The bathroom was fabulous with the best ever toiletries. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I ever mention the bathroom toiletries in a review, but these just made the whole room smell fresh.

I did get the feeling that this hotel mostly catered to adult visitors. Even though they offer a lovely welcome plush toy for the kids, most of the spaces and events were off limits to underage guests. For example, there is live piano music, which I know my kids would have really enjoyed, but it starts late at night and happens in a bar. Also, when the receptionist told us about the great hotel restaurant, he immediately proceeded to clarify that is not really for children. In all fairness we did not attempt to take them there for dinner, maybe they would have been welcome after all.

What really made us think that kids don't come to this hotel often was the pull-out sofa. We are used to pull-out sofas, it's quite common for our kids to sleep on those when we travel. But the one at the Jefferson, while very nice when folded, had the worst mattress we had ever seen. Our 10 year old complained bitterly about it and had me try it - I have to admit she was right. I could feel every single spring stabbing me in the back, I felt like I was trying to lay down on a pile of stiff metal. We ended up requesting extra pillows and lined up the whole mattress with them, and that's how the kids slept. Not a perfect solution, but solved the only problem we encountered at The Jefferson.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a quiet, luxurious place in Washington. Just don't count on the pull-out sofa.

1  Thank Bringing_the_kids

Dear Bringing_the_kids,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with your family. I’m so glad that you enjoyed many of our amenities including our signature red flower bathroom amenities and our children’s welcome wagon. I’d like to apologize for the state of the pull out sofa in your guest room. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping regarding this so we can ensure that the mattress is replaced. Plume, our fine dining restaurant of course allows children, we love young foodies that enjoy a tasting menu!

I do hope that should you and your family return to Washington, DC we have the chance to welcome you back!