“Let the pampering begin!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Jefferson, Washington DC

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #3 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Dallas, Texas
“Let the pampering begin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. Great service, great people, wonderful room. Room service/hotel restaurant is expensive but worth every bite. Car service is available for close trips. The concierge gave great recommendations for close by activities and restaurants. Doormen are always helpful, friendly and available.

Room Tip: I had the smallest room in the hotel. No bathtub but a wonderful, comfortable, cozy room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TX-TraveLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Spent the night at The Jefferson for a quick staycation and absolutely loved it! First and foremost, the service at the hotel is impeccable. From the moment the valet greets you at the car, quickly assisting with your luggage, you know this is a special place. The lobby is small and unassuming- instead of a long counter, you are welcomed to sit at a desk to complete check in, a very quick process.

Truthfully, our Classic Room was a little tight, but for one night, it was more than adequate and very comfortable. The picture on the website is a good representation of the size (though our room differed slightly from the floor plan). Despite the size, it is thoughtfully laid out and there are a lot of amenities: Bose alarm with iPod docking; 2 desks with chairs; valet to hang jacket and slacks; 2 large bottles of water; and very comfortable bed, with down comforters and great pillows. Though we did not use, they have free wi-fi, local and long distance calls, complimentary shoe shine and a garment pressing. It seemed like they thought of all the details. Prior to check in, they contact you for any additional services you may want. We pre-ordered a bottle of champagne and cheese plate and it was waiting for us in the room when we arrived.

The bathroom extremely spacious- lots of room to move around. The large soaking tub (with bath salts), separate shower, separate WC. The roomy shower was terrific- rain shower head with great water pressure. The sink had a magnified make-up mirror and also had enough space for toiletries and hair appliances. Comfortable robes and, yes, slippers (why do so many hotels forget this?). The in-mirror tv was quite the novelty-- we want one! Evening turn down service was impeccable-- linen turn down, refresh towels, waters opened and prepared bedside, slippers at the bed, and of course, chocolates on the pillows.

Sadly, we did not have dinner at The Plume this stay, though it is by far our favorite restaurant in DC. Going there is always outstanding and is the complete dining experience. For this evening, we logged more time in the hotel bar, Quill (before and after dinner)- the bartenders and servers were warm, friendly, and professional. Classic piano bar-- LOVE IT! We also had breakfast the next morning at the Greenhouse-- generous breakfasts with attentive service.

We absolutely would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 5 of 5 stars
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear L&JinVA,

I was thrilled to read that you had a great visit at The Jefferson during your staycation! I will be sure to pass along your praise for your overall experience in Quill and throughout the hotel.

Since you live close by, we hope to welcome you back soon, perhaps this time for dinner in Plume!

Dbueno@jeffersondc.com
Ashburn, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here for our anniversary and I must say I am speechless. Yes the rooms were beautiful, yes we dinned at their 5-star restaurant but that wasnt what blew away, it was their service. It began with making the reservation. I was give the opportunity to have a young lady named Alex who was fantastic book my room. She gave me options for every situation I gave and she ended up not only making my reservation but scheduling my entire day with my wife. So if you plan on coming make sure you ask for Alex.

The moment we walked in everyone smiled and greeted my wife and I. What I loved most was that is was a small establishment because when I had a question or concern I wasn't transfered from department to department.

Over all my experience was great. I will definitely be coming again. Oh and incase you need to wow your girl with a great bottle of wine, ask Michael.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joshuak73
Port Shepstone, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hotel staff were not friendly. We were told on check-in that our room was not ready. I asked if any other rooms were available. I was told that there were no rooms. I asked that my bags be kept. No offer of use of the restroom was made. I had to make the enquiry myself. I was coming off a long flight, and I'm sure the clerk could see the tiredness on our faces. Then I enquired roughly what time the room would be ready. I was rudely told that check-in was at 15h00. I asked whether any rooms in other catagories were available as I would be happy to pay the price difference. It was only then that I was accommodated for an extra 35 dollars. I didn't mind the extra fee, but I minded the fact that I had to prize this information from the clerk, who had to ask her supervisor. This was ridiculous as it felt that the staff had no interest in accommodating us. We were not shown the ammenities of the hotel. Terrible service, the staff seemed very unconcerned with guests. When we got to the room, the toilet was not working. Had to get somebody to sort it out after we called the front desk. I was very disappointed with this hotel. Booked it due to the ratings, but my personal experience was far from the good ratings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank kanhai
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear kanhai,

I’d like to deeply apologize for the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us. I can assure you that it was not the intention of the front desk agent to appear as though they were not sympathetic to your travels. All of our agents are empowered to assist you with a room category upgrade; I will be sure to speak with the front office manager to ensure that this is re-communicated to their staff.

I would like to speak with you further about your experience. If you be so kind as call me at 877.313.9749 I would enjoy the chance to apologize via telephone. Of course, I can also be reached via email at dbueno@jeffersondc.com.

dbueno@jeffersondc.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent the New Year's Holiday and it was fabulous. The concierge services were outstanding with activities and dining choices. The staff was always warm and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable and the room lovely. Excellent location. We have been spoiled and will have a hard time staying anywhere else in DC.

Atlanta USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

there is just something uniquely special about the Jefferson, and you are going to bump into the movers and shakers of DC here too - but it is discrete... nice location, a short walk from the White House... well worth a visit, all be it very expensive, but you are worth it right!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Expattraveler100
JeffersonDC, Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Expattraveler100,

Uniquely special…we like that! Thank you for choosing The Jefferson as your hotel of choice during your recent stay in Washington, DC and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Dbueno@jeffersondc.com
Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I recently spent a holiday weekend at the Jefferson in Washington, DC. It was a fabulous experience from the excellent service to the exquisite food. Though the weather was quite chilly the hotel atmosphere felt very warm and welcoming. It is a beautiful property with a very distinguished theme which compliments the various nearby museums that DC is famous for. I was lucky enough to dine at their 5 Star restaurant, the Plume on short notice. I recommend visiting both the hotel Bar and the Plume restaurant as both are great for a romantic outing or a family evening. The Bose sound system with Iphone/Ipod dock was very nice and the room service was very prompt and professional. In all, my experience at this hotel was excellent and I hope to return whenever I am in the area. Michelle C.

3 Thank Michelle C