“Business Trip in Heaven”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #4 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Business Trip in Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a local of DC I of course have seen and know of The Jefferson but had not visited. Impressed from the moment of check in to check out. Staff extremely courteous and helpful. Beautiful style throughout. My suite was magnificent. Bedding gorgeous and quite comfortable. When I was not working, most of my time was spent in the bathing suite. I had such a great time I forgot I was there on business and forgot I was in my own hometown. Peace. Thank you to the entire staff. I plan on coming back (this time with my husband)!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am pretty loyal to the Willard here in DC but they now have some serious competition! I had just spent several days at the Willard and a friend was coming into town and wanted to try out the Jefferson so I moved over for 2 nights. The Jefferson pretty much has everything right! The staff were outstanding, the hotel beautiful, and one of the the best things for me was the awesome soaking tub in my Deluxe Suite! Not many hotels, have soaking tubs and it was not something I was actually expecting but when I walked into my room and saw it I was one happy girl!

The location is great, the room/bed more than comfortable and of course what makes a 5 star hotel a 5 star hotel is the staff and this is definitely a 5 star hotel. They are completely unobtrusive yet there to fulfil every wish.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel if in the DC area.

Room Tip: Get one with a soaker tub.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a great four days at the Jefferson where nothing was too much trouble for the happy band of workers.The hotel has style and elegance,the rooms are spacious and well equipped and the breakfasts were first class.
The overriding benefit however was the attitude of the staff.
From doorman to manager the service was exceptional.It just makes the difference.
The concierge gave us lots of handy hints,the bar staff led us gently to the more expensive wines and the everywhere there were welcoming smiles and clever little extra touches.
A delightful stay.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is quite possibly THE FINEST my husband and I have ever stayed in...the only negative is that we only got to stay for four nights. We were travelling with three other couples who absolutely felt the same we did. The staff is very accommodating, the hotel gorgeous, the rooms very comfortable and every need is provided for and anticipated. The Library is wonderful for after dinner drinks, eating, and the Quill staff could not be nicer. They remembered our special requests every time we came back. Wonderful Bose radios, reading lights overhead, luxurious sheets and bedding, delicious shortbread one day and chocolates at turn down the next. It was such a FABULOUS experience. I would love to live there!

Room Tip: They don't have bathtubs in every room, so if you want one, be sure and request it when you make...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

So I was certain that the #1 rated hotel in Washington D.C had to struggle to live up to that expectation. I was wrong. Awesome! We were both saving it was the nicest place we've ever stayed. The bed, shower, robes, all were top notch. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. Everything from the iced tea in the lobby to the turn down service made me feel pampered. The rates are on the high end but what else in new in DC? I have to say though that they are worth every $$$ you spend.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

There are many things to commend The Jefferson. There are many small touchs such as complimentary iced-tea near reception every day in summer, lovely house-made shortbread (cranberry and thyme), complimentary bottled water, fold-down service, stylish bathroom amenities and extremely comfortable beds. The staff were professional yet friendly and extremely thoughtful. The staff showed us great kindness during a personal event that affected us. The concierge service we experienced (Lynn) was amongst the highest quality service we have ever experienced, so helpful! There is also access to a "house car" within a 5 mile radius.

We had a King Room and whilst the room was a little tight for space with such a large bed, this was not an issue when your in DC is to visit the many sites. The Jefferson was a wonderul oasis at the end of long days walking in DC!

Room Tip: If a view is important, ask for a room with a view!