“Amazing Hotel”

The Jefferson, Washington DC
Ranked #4 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I've been to in North America.

The service is amazing, rooms are divine, restaurants are excellent but its the whole decor of the hotel which sets it apart. I booked it through Expedia and it wasnt outrageously expensive.

A truly outstanding hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank forest186530
There are newer reviews for The Jefferson, Washington DC

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stay in 25 hotels a year, all over the world. The Jefferson's staff offers the best service I've ever encountered, anywhere. I loved the room, the bar and the restaurants as well, but the staff set this experience apart, for me. It established the standard against which I will judge all other hotels from now on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in - definitely a favorite in DC. The service is wonderful, the food is delicious, the bar is swanky, and the rooms are great. This was my first time staying here (technically on business, but I splurged) and it came highly recommended.

I'd been here once before for a Christmas tea several years ago and remember enjoying it but for the full experience you need to stay overnight.

I'd recommend going to the bar. There is live music some nights (maybe every night?) and the cocktails are fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great hotel wonderful service gets very busy on weekend. Concierge Chris suggested dc coast and it didn't disappoint. The hotel bar Plume is elegant but staff had tad pretentious. Overall great
location and elegant boutique hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

While my wife and I "just" came for drinks at Quill and dinner at Plume, the details in this ultra-luxe yet decidedly "DC" jewel always amaze. The location is ideal (hello Mr. President) and the service, outstanding. An amazing property.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Al_Dominick
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The most annoying thing when staying in any hotel is when the property or the service doesn’t meet the expectations associated with the hotel’s class. The Jefferson Hotel completely met all the expectations. When we arrived in our own car, the doorman got our entire luggage, put it on a cart, and showed to us where we can check-in. There are 2 receptionists sitting at their individual desks, who greet you, and offer you to sit to go through the check-in process. Even though I reserved a deluxe king room, we got a free upgrade to the suite. The suite was amazing with all the amenities you could possibly want in a hotel room (you can take a look at the pictures that I took to see for yourself). The only thing missing was the coffee maker, but with very good coffee available every morning in the lobby it wasn’t a problem at all. The water in the hotel’s fancy bottles is complimentary, the wired and wireless internet as well as shoeshine services were complimentary as well. Apparently, the hotel offers complimentary garment pressing (1 item per person), but since I haven’t used it, I can’t really comment on it. We used the hotel’s concierge service to find what places to visit and where to eat, and were completely satisfied. The parking charges are quite expensive at $45 per night, but since we stayed here for only 1 night, it wasn’t a big deal. If you’re staying for a lot longer, you’re probably better off parking the car elsewhere.
If I were to come back to Washington DC, this is the place I would pick again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vkramaro
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Washington DC for business at the Capitol so I selected this property for amenities and location. All of my unique and specific requests were met. I wanted dinner for 4 from the restaurant and not room service in my suite... no problem! I needed car service at the drop of a hat... no problem.

The decor is contemporary american to its finest. The staff was warm, highly competent and professional. The linens and toiletries were first rate. There was great natural light and windows in the living room, bedroom and bathroom.

The spa was small but had all the details needed for a massage services. I really enjoyed the therapists escorting me from my room.

The room ceilings are a bit lower than I like and the hallway layout is a tad confusing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business