The most annoying thing when staying in any hotel is when the property or the service doesn’t meet the expectations associated with the hotel’s class. The Jefferson Hotel completely met all the expectations. When we arrived in our own car, the doorman got our entire luggage, put it on a cart, and showed to us where we can check-in. There are 2 receptionists sitting at their individual desks, who greet you, and offer you to sit to go through the check-in process. Even though I reserved a deluxe king room, we got a free upgrade to the suite. The suite was amazing with all the amenities you could possibly want in a hotel room (you can take a look at the pictures that I took to see for yourself). The only thing missing was the coffee maker, but with very good coffee available every morning in the lobby it wasn’t a problem at all. The water in the hotel’s fancy bottles is complimentary, the wired and wireless internet as well as shoeshine services were complimentary as well. Apparently, the hotel offers complimentary garment pressing (1 item per person), but since I haven’t used it, I can’t really comment on it. We used the hotel’s concierge service to find what places to visit and where to eat, and were completely satisfied. The parking charges are quite expensive at $45 per night, but since we stayed here for only 1 night, it wasn’t a big deal. If you’re staying for a lot longer, you’re probably better off parking the car elsewhere.
If I were to come back to Washington DC, this is the place I would pick again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence including the Michelin starred Plume and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc