Utilized the hotel for a small family wedding on President's Weekend.
Outstanding performance by the Jefferson in all aspects. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and even whistled up a wheelchair for a family guest who need it for a short period.
Event Coordinator Anne Baker was a high level professional - easily accessible at all times, very helpful and always displayed good judgement.
Three "food functions" - cocktail reception, dinner and brunch.
Cannot say enough about the chef and food service. Reception hors d'oeuvres and display were excellent and good value. The dinner offerings, Poplar Forest Group, came out precisely hot/cold as they should have. Exceptional dishes were the crab cake appetizers which were hot, crispy and crabby - the filet mignon was rare and juicy and the sea bass perfectly prepared. Desserts were huge and exquisite.
Although the dinner was for 30, each course came out as if it was prepared for service in the Plume Restaurant next door. They also made an extra effort to provide us with the WIne Cellar Room for the Sunday brunch which was also perfect - well served with excellent offerings.
Hotel was not full over the weekend and we recieved liberal upgrades. The rooms are in fine shape with numerous amenities. I would say that they have done as much as possible with the property considering its size and age - very close to an international 5 star level. World class wine offerings for the oenophiles are quite eye popping.
Certainly not the cheapest option in an expensive town but the value provided is significant. Jeffersonian touches abound including signed documents from the early period of the republic. Very comfortable sitting room just off the lobby for guests only is nice touch - quiet, private, fire, refreshments.
Would highly recommend this property for business and pleasure travel as well as appropriately sized special events. The property exudes quality in all aspects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc