The Jefferson is well-situated, about a 4/10 mile walk to either The White House or Dupont Circle. Our deluxe room (booked at an excellent rate via Jetsetter) was nicely furnished with excellent linens and a large bathroom with both tub and shower with terrific water pressure; although the room had a large bay window, there was no view other than of the adjacent building ten feet away. Service at reception and housekeeping was excellent, and the hotel bar was surprisingly lively. We loved the quiet elegance of the lobby and hallways.
While our concerns were not major, they were significant enough to make me rate the Jefferson
as Very Good rather than Excellent: most troubling was the fact that the electronic lock on our
door malfunctioned on the last day of our stay and the hotel engineer spent an hour trying to fix it
before giving up; we were treated very graciously by the manager on duty who proactively called
us to apologize, sent us wine and cheese, and moved us to a beautiful one bedroom suite. While the hotel dealt with this mishap as well as could be hoped for, it should not happen at a 5* hotel, particularly one that prides itself on its reconstructed infrastructure. Other relatively minor nits included the very cold room temperature which did not seem to be affected by our fiddling
with the thermostat; the fact that despite my requesting that my omelet/scrambled eggs be cooked softly/lightly at breakfast, they were overcooked both days; and the annoyance that
despite my having confirmed at check-in that the terms of my Jetsetter deal included breakfast,
my bill at check-out including charges for breakfast that I had to ask to be removed (which they were immediately).
Would we return to The Jefferson? Absolutely, if we could get the same excellent rate again, but I do feel that our stay at The Four Seasons in Georgetown a couple of years ago was free of the (admittedly) minor annoyances that we found at the Jefferson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc