They get to stay in very nice hotels like this one. I got in at Fed Govt rate on a business trip and was heartilly impressed. My personal highlight was the shower. To paraphrase Spinal Tap: these showers go to eleven. Seriously. Big shower, lots of water, and impressive water pressure. A personal major dislike is hotel showers that scrimp on water pressure. I like the water and energy savings ethic that may prompt some hotels to go that route - but they should find those savings elsewhere. Not an issue at this hotel. My room, though small, was quiet and comfortable. I did not have a drink in the bar, but took a look - very nice. Everything about the hotel spoke quality.
One quibble. At higher levels of hotel quality, some hotels do not offer guests a coffee maker in-room. I guess the idea is if you can afford to stay here you should be willing to call for room service. I got a coffee maker by calling the front desk, but shouldn't have had to do that. Don't force guests to feel like they're cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Jefferson, Washington's second most prestigious address. Distinguished, sophisticated and discreet, this 99-room luxury boutique hotel exemplifies all that its namesake, Thomas Jefferson, held dear -intricately thought-out design, twenty elegantly appointed suites, the most modern amenities including a petite spa, culinary excellence and exceptional personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Jefferson, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jefferson, Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Jefferson Hotel Washington Dc