The Jefferson, Washington DC
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$181
$171
$207
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$167
$97
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$189
$151
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$191
$186
$170
  • Breakfast included
$179
  • Pool
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$309
$269
Omni Hotels
$182
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

1,231 results
All reviewsquill bartv in the mirrorplume restaurantpiano barwhite housedeluxe suitepremier kingunderstated elegancesoaking tubroom serviceturn down servicechocolate covered strawberrieswalk in showerelegant hotelhay adamscomplimentary coffeehotel experience
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Based on other reviews, I was looking forward to my stay. However, I found it hard to sleep due to the incessant traffic noise. Next time, I'll try one of the other high end hotels in DC.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
9  Thank john23
JeffersonDC, General Manager at The Jefferson, Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

Dear john23,

The fact that you were looking forward to your stay with us and we were not able to meet your expectations is a major disappointment to me. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor night's sleep you experienced during your most recent stay at The Jefferson. I regret the inconvenience and frustration that the traffic noise caused you, and I assure you that your experience is not the standard to which we aspire, nor which our guests have a right to expect.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back and personally ensure that you have a great night's sleep without any noise disruption.

Robert Jenny
Director of Operations

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Jefferson has a European Boutique hotel feel. Our room had beautiful french fabrics and furniture. The shower only bath was small but had a fabulous shower, and a t.v. in the vanity mirror. The service from the staff was attentive, not suffocating and top notch! We took advantage of the cosy and professional spa and I had one of the best massages by Darlene! We dined in the Plume Restaurant and chose a 3 course meal. The food was divine, and the service impeccable. The staff made every effort to make our anniversary celebration romantic and fun. We walked to the White House after dinner and had a nightcap in the Quill lounge. We also had lobster eggs benedict in the morning room which was regal! This hotel is a wonderful place to celebrate anything special, or to just spend time in Washington DC.
The staff acts like family, and makes you feel like that too. We cannot wait to visit again. Thanks to the staff for such a wonderful visit!

Room Tip: Use the pre-visit survey to ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank love2travel2209
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Beautiful hotel, superb personalized service. Room elegant and comfortable. Loved the wood paneled library with fireplace - a great place to sit and read the paper. Staff very attentive. Great place for a weekend trip to DC. Looking forward to staying again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank VA_travels60893
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed at The Jefferson, Washington, D.C., for six nights in the first week of January 2012. This is generally a quiet week in Washington, D.C. It's cold but otherwise a great time of the year to visit the capital - the museums and monuments are all open but without the crowds of spring and summer.

The hotel is a boutique property (with around 90 rooms) housed in a beautiful 10 or 11 story beaux-arts style building on the corner of 16th and M Streets. It's in an upscale area surrounded by embassies, other luxury hotels and professional and not-for-profit organizations (the National Geographic Society is next door). The location is great - walk about four blocks south and you're in the White House precinct and a couple of blocks north and you're in the lively Dupont Circle area. The nearest Metro Stations are less than 10 minutes walk away.

Although housed in a historic building, The Jefferson was renovated completed in 2008. The restoration is very impressive - the rooms and public areas are sparklingly fresh and modern yet preserve the hotel's old world charm. Somehow the hotel manages to be grand and opulent yet homely and intimate at the same time - I don't how they do it!. In the six nights I stayed there I didn't see many other guests and the staff always recognized me, greeted me by name and made me feel welcomed.

Which brings me to the service at this hotel. It's simply superb in every way - every single staff member I interacted with - doormen, front desk staff, concierge, housekeeping staff - was warm and polite and really seemed to enjoy their jobs. They were so genuine, without any trace of haughtiness. All my requests and queries were dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally, and always with a smile and sense of humour. The staff struck the perfect balance between being attentive and pro-active while remaining unobtrusive. Being a relatively small hotel, service is also quite personal - for example little comments I made to staff were passed on to and remembered later by other staff.

I was very pleased with my room. Furniture was custom-made for the hotel in an 18th plantation century style reminiscent of Thomas Jefferson's home in Monticello. Having been renovated a few years ago, it was also very modern - iPod player, Bose sound system, climate control air-conditioning, 32 inch TV with dozens of U.S. and international channels and high-speed free WiFi. I loved that all room phone calls within the United States were free of charge - more hotels should adopt this policy. The attention to detail was excellent - light switches were thoughtfully positioned and there was even a stationery kit in my desk drawer (very useful!). One of the best parts of the room was that the window actually opened - I like having fresh air in my room!

The bathroom was luxuriously appointed (faced with sandstone I think) with plenty of bench space. Toiletries were the hotel spa's own brand. There was a very spacious glass enclosed shower - this was a treat, but I found the controls fiddly and difficult to get the water temperature right. Towels in numerous shapes and sizes were thick, fluffy and plentiful.

Room housekeeping was excellent - I returned to my room each evening to find it immaculately made up with little details taken care of (e.g. water bottles refilled). I was amazed at how clean the room was kept.

I ordered room service a few times and had breakfast in the Conservatory restaurant once. The food, mainly classic American fare, was delicious. I also had drinks with friends in the Quill bar (inside the hotel) once - this is an upscale place that attracts a wealthy D.C. crowd and offers interesting people-watching.

Overall, I was delighted with The Jefferson in every respect. The feeling of luxury and elegance matched with warm and personal service made me feel like I was a guest at the private mansion of a wealthy friend rather than at a hotel.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Cartick S
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The remodeling of the Jefferson since I was first there has been beautifully done. The bathroom is beautiful and I love the television built into the mirror. The room decor is elegant and appropriate for such a venerable hotel. The quality of the service was superb, and the concierge Lynn very helpful to us. In my estimation the Jefferson belongs in the Relais et Chateau family.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business