The Hay-Adams
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$181
$171
$207
  • Room Service
$97
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$197
$151
  • Breakfast included
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$191
$186
$170
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$309
$269
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$286
$167
Fairmont.com
$179
$131
$119
1,418 results
All reviewslafayette parkwhite houselafayette roomjohn's churchlafayette restaurantbasement barturn down serviceview roombeautiful hotelroom servicetop floorconcierge servicejefferson memorialoffice buildingluxury hoteljunior suiteamazing location
Reviewed March 24, 2013

After hours of trying to decide which hotel to stay at on our first trip to Washington (we were trying to choose between the ones closest to the White House), I am so happy that we chose The Hay Adams. Having the White House right across the street and being able to see it right out the front doors was incredible, and after walking around, I don't think we would have got that from the other hotels that we were considering. It did not take long for us to realize that the location was not the only great thing about this hotel. The service was outstanding. Every single staff member always seemed genuinely happy to see us, and they truly made us feel as though we were at home. The beds, shower and restaurant were also all great. In addition, The Hay Adams provided other services during our stay that would have added a lot of extra costs to us. We had a breakfast package (which included full delicious breakfasts, not just a muffin), free WiFi, and they even gave us rides in their courtesy car a few times so we didn't have to get a cab. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in different parts of the world, and the overall value that The Hay Adams provides makes it one of the best.

Room Tip: We didn't have a view from our room, but the being able to walk outside and see the White House made up for the lack of view. We were on the 2nd floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank TR_2013
HansBrulandHA, General Manager at The Hay-Adams, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear TR_2013,

We too are happy that you chose us! Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your stay. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us. We will be delighted to welcome you back for another visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My recent stay at the Hay Adams was lovely in every respect. It is a quietly elegant property, without being stuffy. In short, it is the Meryl Streep of hotels...if that makes sense? Smart, soothing, warm and familiar...not too familiar....and always with a sense of professional excellence. I enjoyed a one bedroom suite overlooking St John's church this time (I have stayed here about 5 or 6 times). I would urge you to do two things when you stay: first, have a drink in the bar downstairs before dinner and second, enjoy breakfast in the dining room! The conversations you will overhear will blow your mind!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank Fosdyke
HansBrulandHA, General Manager at The Hay-Adams, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Fosdyke,

What an incredible review! Thank you for taking the time to convey your compliments about your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your return!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Using Trip Advisor recommendations is our common practice and has again and again proved to be reliable. Again the favorable reviews have been so true. Such a wonderful location with beautiful views of Lafayette Park, The White House, and St. John's church from it's rooms. It has the best location - walk out the door and be greeted with history! Walk in the doors and be greeted with quiet, efficient, caring and friendly staff who deliver services without arrogance or a pretentious attitude. Thank you to Mark DuBois for his assistance with navigating the city.

The rooms are beautiful, clean and quite comfortable. Some have spoken of the small bathrooms, but they are sufficient, very clean with a fabulous shower. Those complaining obviously needed a gymnasium to complete their personal hygiene. We ordered room service our first night because the main dining room is closed on the weekends. The food was delivered in a timely manner in a small oven so the food was hot and was quite delicious.

All in all we would definitely return to the Hay-Adams and strongly encourage you to give it a try!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Nyeta

Dear Nyeta,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a well-rounded review of your stay! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience. And I must agree with you – Mark is wonderful at making any exploration of the city fun and easy. He will be very encouraged by your praise! I hope we can expect the pleasure of having you back again with us.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

For my "bucket list" trip to our nation's Capitol, I was not about to pinch pennies. Yes, the Hay-Adams is spendy, but to be treated with top-notch hospitality check in -to check out is a priceless (and rare) treat. The best bar in town is the famous Off The Record in the Hay-Adams lower level. Stiff drinks, friendly bartenders and a nice appetizer menu. Try the Asian wings and three different options for sliders! Off The Record makes obvious out of towers feel like DC locals. Saw some famous faces there too!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 7th or 8th floor for best views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank MinnesotaWolf
HansBrulandHA, General Manager at The Hay-Adams, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear MinnesotaWolf,

We are honored to have made it onto your DC bucket list, and are thrilled you enjoyed your OTR experience! I hope we can welcome you back again soon for another unforgettable visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This elegant and charming historic hotel is something very special in Washington. Located adjacent to Lafayette Park, the views of the White House and Washington Monument beyond are wonderful. Its central location gives you convenient access to so many of the city's wonderful places. My girlfriend and I got engaged during our stay in Washington and the experience at The Hay-Adams made our few days all the more memorable. From the patient woman who took my reservation and helped me find the right room for this occasion, to the Off the Record bartender with his fascinating back story, to all the remarkably warm and friendly folks in the Lafayette Room who made every day's breakfast a pleasure, to the simple pleasant greetings from the staff in the lobby as we came and went each day - every interaction with staff was incredibly gracious. In all my travels, I have not experienced such an incredibly high quality of service! I recommend this establishment without exception!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Charles W

Dear Charles W,

My sincere congratulations on your enegagement, and thank you for sharing your thoughts with the public - what an amazing review! I am overjoyed we were able to make your experience in Washington extra special. It is wonderful comments like these that encourage our staff to continue to provide above-and-beyond service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another romantic getaway.

Warm regards,