“FANTASTIC!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“FANTASTIC!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Hay Adams is my favorite hotel. Not just in Washington but anywhere. The location is great too, right by the White House. Our room was a gorgeous one bedroom suite. The staff were the nicest people that I have ever experienced. From our first greeting at check in to our last greeting at check out and everyone in between. I can't wait to come back!!!!..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jojoruss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Naples, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is our third time at the Hay-Adams and it is better than ever. Rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated and service is top-notch......equal to any Ritz!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Rferr
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

First off, ask for a high floor. If you have one of the cheaper rooms your window will stare into the side of an office building 3 feet away if you're on a low floor (my colleagues complained about this), but up on the 8th floor I was looking at a roof and had much more light.

It's a wonderful hotel, of course, and everything is gorgeous and clean and elegant. There are just a few little nits of poor design - the TV didn't work great, the desk didnt have an outlet (and the wireless was too slow for me to allow me to securely access my business's network).

When I had to stay an extra night at the last minute (after I had already checked out), I switched to the Jefferson. I thought it was just a bit nicer than the Hay-Adams. YMMV.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Nassau Bahamas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Since my previous review, I have stayed at the Hay Adams several times. The service is the best in DC, and I have stayed all over the place. since I travel alone, sometimes I still get the small rooms. The hotel staff really makes up for it-- The driver is often ready to take you around DC. I am going back in a few weeks, and if I can squeeze it into my budget, I'll stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jayne52
Minden, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Situated across the "Church of Presidents", this hotel feels like another monument. It seems historic. Great service. Great bar. I found the room a little small and cramped. It may be about time to give this hotel a well earned renovation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jccminden
washington dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I visited the Hay Adams Hotel to attend a wedding at the hotel and to enjoy a weekend of fun. The location of this hotel is the best in D.C. Many of the rooms have a White House view. It is a short walk to Lafayette Park, the White House and many major sightseeing attractions. From the time I drove up to the front of the hotel, I knew this was a special place. The staff is extremely attentive and when the double wooden doors were opened for us, we felt like we were entering a special world. Our check in was seamless. Jack Nardil, the head concierge is amazing!! He is knowledgeable about all facets of DC from sightseeing to best restaurants and was happy to assist me in all of my planning. The rooms are wonderful with flat screen televisions, wonderful bathroom amenities and attention to detail. My wife and I enjoyed breakfast in the Lafayette Room. We had delicious fresh squeezed juices and a french toast that was amazing in its taste and presentation. The service staff at breakfast were very attentive and made sure that everything was hot and prepared the way I liked it. All of the staff were kind, caring and made me feel that their role in life was to make me happy during my stay. The wedding I attended at the hotel was masterful in food presentations, service and views. The rooftop is amazing with views of all of the major landmarks of Washington, D.C. My wife and I both agreed that this hotel is a true gem and we enjoyed the fact that there was such a caring in service which is often lacking in large convention hotels. I cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tarbash
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

We booked two rooms for 5 nights over the 4th of July holiday. From the moment we checked in we knew we had made a mistake. The bellman who took us to our rooms was very rude and acted as if we were intruding on his day. Later as we were leaving for dinner, I was approached by a staff member and told that they could not park the van we had rented because it was too tall for the garage. After a short discussion, they offered to park it in the street in front of the hotel. Since it was a rental, I had no problem with this. However, on the evening of our second day, I was informed that the van had to be moved by 7:00 am the following morning. I asked for help finding a place to park it and was told the best they could recommend was that I take it to Union Station which was far away. We immediately asked to see a Manager who really didn't seem to care. At that point, we made the decision to leave and find another hotel. We were able to find a hotel, much less expensive I might add, who were more than happy to park the rental van for us. The impression I got from Hay-Adams is the cater to the Washington elite and really don't care for the general public.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family