1,378 results
All reviews firefly restaurant dupont circle balcony room new hampshire wine hour tiny lobby yoga mat attached restaurant wine reception small hotel mini bar front desk staff rooms are large metro station definitely stay here again valet parking street noise
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2015

The staff was great, but the physical hotel wasn't impressive. Tiny lobby, inadequate air conditioning in hallways and elevator, which made it harder to cool down my room. They were out of an item I requested from the front desk (a disposable razor). The worst offense, though, was the very spotty Wifi, which was a real annoyance. I was on an upper floor, which may have been the reason, but that's no excuse. Members of their frequent-stay club don't pay for the Wifi, but for anyone else, the Wifi fee was $15—ridiculous!!!

Room tip: Take a lower-level room if Wifi is important to you.
1  Thank Pudding119
John E, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Madera, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2015

It makes me happy and proud that our staff here at the Hotel Madera stood out. We strive to provide great sincere service and make every single one of our Guest feel at home. Thank you for your feed back, you are giving us a great opportunity to work on those things that will make you and all of our guest much happier to stay with us. Like all buildings, ours is in the middle of getting some love and care to ensure our HVAC units will work to perfection. Again we appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we can work on, and we look forward to you giving us another chance to make you feel at home here at the Hotel Madera.

Reviewed June 15, 2015

My partner and I recently stayed at the Madera for five nights when we came to Washington for the first time on vacation. It proved to be a great choice! The staff are wonderful and quick to assist with any requests. We also really enjoyed the 5 to 6 nightly wine reception. The room itself was quiet and spacious (yes, the bathroom is small, as other people have pointed out, but the sink and vanity are separate so that helps). Plus, the Dupont Circle area is great - lots of restaurants nearby and an easy walk to the Metro stop.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I love your encouraging feedback. My Team and I work hard to make each stay special, and I love reading them positive reviews such as yours. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We look forward your your future stays.

Reviewed June 15, 2015

Spacious, handsome rooms on a leafy street a couple blocks off Dupont Circle. That's almost a minimum standard in DC. The Madera's limited lobby space and uncomfortable seating are offset by the water, wine, and camaraderie. Even though the phone is constantly ringing for the front desk personnel, they never lose their enthusiasm and charm. It's too their credit that 'll likely be back. Even in the Firefly, an attentive waitress noticed I wasn't 100% impressed with breakfast and adjusted my check.

Room tip: This is a small hotel on ten floors; hence only a few rooms are on each floor. If you are on #10, there's always one of the two elevators waiting for you.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Your comments have me smiling from ear to ear. It is always great to hear about the experience our Guest have with the Team. Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and we look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2015

While the room itself is fairly standard for a 4-star hotel, the staff at the Madera Hotel deserve 10 stars! Every single employee goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable which makes for a feeling of home. I love the pet-friendly policy, wine social hour and loaner bikes which reinforce the friendly atmosphere. In addition to the stellar service, the hotel is in a convenient location on a quieter street. I look forward to my next stay!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you, both for staying with us and for all of your amazing praise. It is comments like yours that make me proud of every one of my Team Members. It is our goal to make all of our Guests feel at home and part of the family and I am very happy that we made you feel that way. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

Let me be honest, I first arrived and thought "hmm, what makes this special?". Then, after interacting with the staff, I realized that this location just wins on personal touch. The room was nice but nothing super special compared to other Kimpton standard rooms. Having a balcony was nice. Every interaction with the staff was super positive.

Nick at the bar was great to chat with was clearly passionate about the guest experience. The hotel actually had a goldfish in the room ( almost all Kimpton properties have stopped doing this) and elements of the property feel like a B&B.

If you want big and fancy, the Palomar is a few blocks away. The Madera has a small lobby and a personal connection to the staff.they don't have a gym, so you go to the Palomar if you want to use one.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank eutravelmanager
John E, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Madera, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2015

Pete C, thanks so much for a fantastic review!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the personal interaction that we thrive on here at Hotel Madera. Our staff has an amazing opportunity to get know the wonderful guests as your self. Very excited to hear that all interaction was positive!

I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the bar with Nick! He's a superstar! I'll be sure to embarrass him later on when I read this aloud to him and the team :)

We look forward to your returned arrival! Thanks for staying. John Esainko, General Mananger