Kimpton Hotel Madera
$97
$191
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$167
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$144
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$257
$143
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

$133
$129
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$136
$129
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$119
1,329 results
All reviewsfirefly restaurantdupont circlebalcony roomnew hampshirewine hourtiny lobbyyoga mattoilet and showersink areaanimal print robesapartment buildingwine receptionsmall hotelmini barfront desk staffdefinitely stay here againdc area
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed at the madera a few months ago for a wedding. My trip to dc started off terribly from the moment I stepped off the plane. Hour-long taxi drives, missing the rehearsal dinner, minor car accident were just a few of the terrible incidents that took place that morning. I arrived at the madera exhausted, and I got a phonecall from my friends that they found another hotel an hr away closer to the wedding. I asked the manager if I could cancel and explained to him my situation. He was very calm, understanding, and knew how much anxiety I was feeling - he let me cancel. Keep reading, it gets better. As I started walking out of the hotel I noticed I didn't have my suitcase. Thinking to myself that I left it in my room for the two minutes of checking in, I asked for the key back - no suitcase to be found. I left my bags in the taxi that dropped me off. At that point I burst into tears. I had flagged down the taxi, so I didn't know shock taxi it was. The staff members took action IMMEDIATELY. the manager and his team went to the camera room and looked for HOURS at video footage outside to try to find a clip if the taxi number and company. Thankfully, I was able to call all the taxi companies and they pages all the drivers. Keep reading, it gets better. When my suitcase arrived, one of the front desk receptionists ran out and got my bag for me. The taxi told him it was going to be 20 dollars because he had to drive it back, and the worker gave him 20 dollars of his own money!! He said to me, "trust me, it's the least I could do, you had a terrible day." Keep reading it gets better. I thought things were looking up, and then received a call from my friend telling me not to cancel! I walked back to the hotel and was really embarrassed at this point because the staff had already done do much. I explained, and he graciously gave me my key back and told me to rest up. Never in my life have I met such genuine, caring, and kind people. I have never written a review, but was compelled to do so because this hotel deserves all if the credit and praise it can get. I am truly thankful that they were so understanding and helpful. The hotel is beautiful, meticulously clean, and the location is prime. Do yourself a favor, stay here - the price was ridiculously affordable and the quality was top notch. Thank you to the staff at hotel madera for truly making my disaster of am experience to dc more tolerable.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank dakota85739
MaderaGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Madera, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear dakota85739, Wow! What an ordeal to start your trip to Washington! I can't express to you how thankful I am that our Team showed you such genuine care and service to make your difficult situation more bearable. We truly want to provide a level of service from the heart. I am glad in the end it all worked out. My sincere thanks for writing the review. Please do come to visit the Madera again. Sincerely, Modi Ahmed General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel came as a surprise since we are used to staying at the big chains. Very well-priced, clean, quiet, very friendly staff. Rooms are a good size, but bathroom i.e. toilet and shower are small. Sink is outside the bathroom and roomy enough. Great restaurants nearby, an easy walk. No need to eat at the hotel, a few blocks away is great fish, mediterranean, Greek, steak, etc. As for location, around the corner from the south entrance to the Dupont Circle Metro and a good walk to the Mall, Georgetown, etc. I would recommend it highly. Thought about the Palomar, a sister hotel but we did not need the exercise room or a pool or a lobby so why pay extra for things we didn't need.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank realproperty

Hello realproperty, surpise surprise! The Madera has won you over! So glad that our staff, location, and Hotel were able to make you convert. We cant wait to have you return! Thanks, Modi Ahmed General Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a great place to stay in busy D.C. Great place to relax and unwind. Staff is superb. Food at Firefly is wonderful and well priced. Plus, as a vegetarian, I actually had some great choices.

Great to stay in a boutique hotel where things are personal and not cookie-cutter. I look forward to having unique experiences when I travel. Kimpton hotels definitely delivers!

Very enjoyable. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: So nice to have a spacious room with a sofa and a balcony. Truly wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello kk4travel, what a great recommendation! Thank you! BIG thank you for being such a fan of the Madera and Kimpton Hotels. Personalized service and unique experiences is what sets us apart. Thanks and see you soon, Modi Ahmed

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our stay here was a belated birthday gift for me and we took our dogs along as well. The dogs are definitely huge fans since they were greeted with treats and attention, two things they can't get enough of. The room was large and comfortable, although our view was of the HVAC system. However, it was dog ready with bowls and dog beds so the view didn't matter that much to us. We also appreciated being on the second floor which made taking them in and out for walks a simple task. All in all, a very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Although we truly appreciated being on a lower level room, we might ask next time for a room with a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancyl50

Dear Nancyl50, thanks for staying with us to celebrate your birthday!!! I'm so happy that we were able to make your visit with the dogs special and comfortable for you all. A few treats goes a long with the dogs! Happy belated birthday and please bring the dogs back anytime!! Modi Ahmed General Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel has a cool, but not too cool, urban vibe. The rooms are stylish and comfortable, with a well stocked mini bar. The bar and restaurant are fun. American comfort food and great cocktails. The wifi is very fast, which is really important or business travellers these days. The staff training must be great because these guys couldn't be more friendly or helpful. Great neighbourhood too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Hello Benvorlich, another happy convert to the Hotel Madera and Kimpton Hotels!!! We're thrilled th location and service exceeded your standards! Thanks for writing a wonderful review, Modi Ahmed General Manager