“Great location, comfortable and spacious”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #113 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The Beacon is well located just off the trendy Dupont Circle neighbourhood and a longish walk (or quick metro ride) to the National Mall. The hotel is well equipped and has modern decor. We were upgraded from a standard queen to a room for disabled guests so had a large bathroom, separate lounge and king sized bed, as well as a fantastic kitchenette with everything including insinkerator and dishwasher - you couldn't ask for more to make you comfortable! Some street noise still entered the room (8th floor) and there was water pipe noise on and off each night in the walls, but neither were deal breakers. The air-con was old and very loud but effective. The front desk staff member that checked us in was surly and gave us minimal service (not that unusual in east coast USA cities), but others were terrific. There is also a good (small) fitness and business centre with printers (no free wifi here sadly) on site. This is not a bargain hotel, but competes well with the larger chains and I would recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
BeaconHotelFOM, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Dear bckpckrau,
Thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to post your positive sentiments. We truly appreciate your kind appraisal and we look forward to your next visit.
~The Beacon Hotel Family

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed September 15, 2010

Thanks for a wonderful stay at your Beacon Hotel last week. Omar was especially helpful and pleasant, and asked if I would be staying at the Beacon on my next visit? I said, "as long as you greet me with your smile, I will definitely return, Omar".

Rich Tittermary
Prime Consulting Group
[--]

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
AGMBeacon, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

The comments of Mr. Tittermary Rich are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome Mr. Tittermary very soon again.

Omar and Everyone at the Beacon Hotel and Corporate Quarters

Reviewed September 4, 2010

The Beacon is located centrally, within walking distance of the Capitol, Smithsonian, museums, restaurants and shops. Since it is a business hotel during the week, weekend prices are reduced dramatically and are a wonderful value for the tourist. Service is wonderful and rooms are well-appointed (we got an upgrade to a mini-suite which was wonderful.) The restaurant food is very good and we especially enjoyed the sidewalk cafe where we could people-watch and listen to the locals talk about DC. Mgmt is very obliging. When I could not figure out where to buy a postcard stamp on a Sun., the front office manager offered to stamp it using the hotel's stamp machine. Now that's service!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
BeaconHotelFOM, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2010

Grandbon_10,
Your comments are deeply appreciated, and are testimony to the effort we place on motivating and training our team, I shall share your comments.” We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

The entire staff at this hotel went out of their way to be friendly to you. From the restaurant staff to the bar staff and especially Omar, the Manager at check out. The rooms were beautiful, I stayed in a suite, with a mini kitchen, and living room area. Sky bar was really nice, and restaurant as well. Only negative I had was Valet parking could use more help, especially in the morning a bit of a wait. I will be coming back often to this hotel, since moving my son into a nearby college.

rosicoon,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review and highlighting your experience with our staff, I will personally share your comments with Omar. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I am in DC for business twice a month and always stay at the Beacon. The location is great, the staff is very friendly, and I always enjoy my stay. The rates are unbeatable - great value!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

The comments of ami1150 are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome them back soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was so excited to have found a hotel within walking distance to downtown D.C., but when we arrived at the hotel we were initially denied the parking service even after I told them we had a reservation. Instead, we were directed across the street to a parking garage which charged $25/day. Finally we got it worked out with the front desk, and our car was parked in the garage. The first impression of the room was unsatisfactory as well. The room was a king deluxe jr suite, which sounds great, but the wall paper was peeling and it did not look anything like the pictures online. And then I went into the bathroom. It was huge, but then after using the toilet, we realized that it was a handicapped accessible room. Aren't you supposed to be informed of that before you are put in one of those? So I checked out the tub/shower area, and I found a handheld shower head that obviously hadn't been replaced since the 80s. And, the trickle of water that came from it didn't even allow me to wash my hair! Not to mention that the bed was placed on the same wall as the short passage to the door which funnelled sound from outside. I could clearly hear every flush of the neighbors toilet, conversations in the hall, and the ice machine every time it was used. Who places the ice machine right outside someone's room! The bed was comfy, but the pillows are made of some synthetic material and were hard. The cable wasn't great and kept cutting out. You could tell the furniture had recently been updated, but I wouldn't consider that a major renovation. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel to a friend, but if you NEED a place to stay in a pinch, the price was ok.

Dear Deaon,
I wanted to write to thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent visit. I sincerely apologize that your recent experience did not meet your expectations or the high standards that we are known for. We have aggressively addressed the issues you listed in light of your dissatisfaction. Thank you for making us aware…
~The Beacon Hotel Family

Reviewed August 31, 2010

What can I say? The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff and helpful. The beds are comfortable. I stayed in both a share room with two double beds and a room on my own with a king size (might have been queen size). I would happily recommend either of the style of rooms to those travelling on their own or with company. There is a great bar and restaurant in the bottom of the building, too. If I was looking for criticism, I would say three things: the bathrooms are a little small (but very clean). The location isn't as close to a Metro station as would be ideal (but you can make it to one within 10 minutes of walking). Lastly, the neighbourhood seems fine, but I wouldn't stray too far away from the well travelled paths in the dark on your own. Ultimately, the last two criticisms weren't much of an issue because of the business and sight seeing I was doing meant I was reliant on cabs which could drop me at the door.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael255093

We are truly elated our hospitality complemented your visit to our Nation’s Capital, please return soon.