My friend and I arrived at the hotel at 11 am, and although "check-in" isn't until 3pm, we were hopeful that maybe they would let us check-in early. The hotel's assistant manager was very courteous and friendly, he said he would put a rush on cleaning our room. Although we ended up waiting an hour for our room, it was well worth it. The hotel upgraded our room from a standard double bed room to an executive room with a kitchenette and a very spacious room. The kitchenette was amazing, it had a stove, a full refrigerator, a microwave, and a dishwasher (which house keeping did our dishes everyday!) and was fully equipped with pots/pans/ plates, anything you needed, it actually saved us a lot of money by making food in the hotel instead of eating out every meal.
The hotel is in a great part of the city, not too far from the metro, and if you don't want to walk, its a $5 cab ride to the metro. The Beacon Bar & Grill is also very nice, the food is very good, as are the drinks, and the staff is very nice, although I'm pretty sure the waitress wanted to kill my friends and I, for making her split the bill onto 5 different credit cards. The hotel itself is very modern and chic, the lobby could stand to be a bit bigger, but then again it doesn't really matter. The staff were very friendly and courteous, always smiling and always there when you needed their help, especially Omar the assistant manager, very very nice man.
The 2 complaints I have are the water pressure in the showers, there was very little water pressure which meant for a longer shower, and I had hoped for free wireless internet. Other than that, I had a great stay at the Beacon and will probably never stay at a different hotel when in the city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beacon Hotel creates the perfect setting where guests can "Work, Relax and Play" in an atmosphere that is contemporary, welcoming and elegant. This summer enjoy the benefits of an extraordinary location, from where you can walk to the Smithsonian Museums and Monuments all within an easy walk or short metro ride, walk four blocks to The White House, off "Embassy Row" famous for stunning Diplomatic residences, yet equally convenient to the centers of business of "K Street" and Connecticut Ave. The Walter E Washington Convention Center, The cool restaurants and Night life of Dupont Circle and 14th Street. Two Metro stations are within easy walk. Accommodations include spacious deluxe rooms and our popular "Corporate Quarter Suites" inspired by New York Style studio living, featuring pantries, dining and living areas that complement the lifestyles of our guests with spacious accommodations. Ideal settings whether you are traveling with family, an urban explorer or if you are seeking a romantic escape. The Beacon Bar & Grill presents excellent dining and entertainment options: alfresco dining in season, an elegant dining room, light fare and creative cocktails are featured in season in our Sky-Bar rooftop lounge. Featuring creative American cuisine drawing inspiration from comfort foods, international cuisine and seasonal offerings. Our Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, have been voted amongst the "Top Five" Champagne Brunches in the city for over 10 years running. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel And Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Washington Dc
- Beacon Hotel Dc