2 people are viewing this hotel
Official Site
Algotels
$105
Graeme R

Great location, clean, comfy and quiet.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 23, 2017via mobile
Great location near Mass Avenue and Rhode Island Avenue. A nice walk into town with the White House being nearest and then onto the Mall and the Capitol area. Opposite the Australian embassy and with plenty of shops and bars a short walk away this is a really good tourist spot to stay. Room was great with a comfy bed. Bathroom fine although no bath to speak of. No leisure facilities (fitness 'rooms' do not count) but that's ok as I walked miles and miles each day seeing the rich history and cultural sites. I'd stay here again.
Trip type: Traveled solo
Responded Jul 26, 2017
Thank you so much for staying at the Beacon Hotel. It sounds like you had a great stay and was able to enjoy our great city. The whole team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
$189
3.6 miles from The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Fitness center
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,912 results
All reviews dupont circle white house rooftop bar front desk staff few blocks location is great national mall metro station kitchenette dishwasher bellman neighborhood uber
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Overall, hotel is convenient and appropriate for both business and pleasure.

The good:
- Centrally located; maybe 10 minute walk to White House, 20 to Washington Monument, easy to get to Georgetown
- Clean, spacious rooms (but I was alone)
- Helpful and polite staff

The 'needs improvement':
- wifi; this was frustrating on a regular basis. Was often choppy or down completely. I did not pay the premium as I feel in 2017 it is the mine that should be offered
- Although housekeeping did a good job cleaning, many of the supplies were not replenished (coffee, breakfast card, toiletries items, etc)

Otherwise, it is decent and well located.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank stephaniekessler
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing your feedback. Please don't hesitate to speak to Guest Services should you require additional supplies to your room. It sounds like you had a good stay and were able to see a lot of attractions in DC, we hope you've enjoyed the city as much as we do. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 17, 2017

I booked using Hotwire for a girls trip to the city. I paid in advance (Which are really overpriced now having stayed there). I called the week before to add my friend to the reservation so that she could check in before me, and asked them if they needed a credit card I would be in soon after and they would use mine for the reservation. They agreed. When my friend arrived the receptionist told her she wasn't on the reservation and I needed to call to add her. Then when I called they had me on hold 3 times before telling me that she had already checked in. Then they took her credit card placed a hold on it, even though they said they weren't going to do that. They said they were only going to hold it until I arrived. I gave them my card to add and they still kept the hold on her card. So now 2 holds were placed for one room. Then the room was terrible. The wallpaper was pealing and it was really small! the Bathrooms don't have doors that close all the way and the wifi and the cable were down all night. Then we asked for a room with double beds as the single bed was a mistake. They charged us an upgrade fee, even though normally it costs more to get a king then a room with double beds. Then our stay just continued to get worse. The parking at the hotel was full, and really overpriced, at $45/night when there is a garage around the corner for $32. They charged $5/ bottle if you drank the VOSS water bottles they put in the rooms. Then when we were checking out the hold on my friends card didn't clear for a few days and they overcharged my card for the upgrade fee. And when I called to get it corrected the receptionist kept trying to convince me that it was the hold charge and it would clear in a few days. I knew he had no idea what he was talking about so I asked to speak with the manager. The woman told me she saw the error, took my info and said they would call me the next day. Needless to say they didn't call me and I had to call about 3 or 4 times throughout the day before I could finally speak with a manager. It took about 3 additional days before this issue was resolved. All in all my experience was horrible and I would never stay at this hotel ever again or recommend it to anyone.

Room tip: All of the rooms are very small.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank amason081608
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We did a 2 day family trip. The hotel was clean. The restraunt was great. The rooms were a little small, but it is a big city, so that is typical. Parking is about 50 dollars a night.I would stay here again if I go back to DC

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel with your family. I am happy to hear that you had a great visit and hope that you were able to do all the fun things you wanted in our great city. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I stayed here with a large group of teachers. My coworker and I shared a room with two full beds. Very comfortable, modern and clean. We both got up early to use the fitness center in the basement. It's small but has all the essential equipment to get the job done. Only complaint is that there was no cleaning spray for the machines, and that housekeeping didn't always leave us two coffee pouches for the morning (they are single-serve). The roof-top bar has a beautiful view. Walking distance to the metro (9 mins) and our conference location. We bought $10 metro passes for each of us and ended up giving them away at the airport after only using them to and from Reagan.

Room tip: Not too close to the bar on the roof. Our room on the 7th floor was perfect.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from the White House and National Mall. Our room was clean, spacious and situated on the last floor. I have to thank the kind staff they collected two packages for me before our stay.
On our first night, we found what it seemed to be a bed bug, we reported the situation on the next morning and we were then given another room. I have to mention this situation didn't allow us to enjoy our stay at the maximum, given that we didn't receive any official report with respect to bed bugs or their extinction, so that we know how to proceed after we get back from holidays with our clothes and luggage.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: June 2017