2 people are viewing this hotel
mom622
Birmingham, Alabama, United States

Quick family trip.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 10, 2017via mobile
We did a 2 day family trip. The hotel was clean. The restraunt was great. The rooms were a little small, but it is a big city, so that is typical. Parking is about 50 dollars a night.I would stay here again if I go back to DC
Trip type: Traveled with family
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review
Responded Jul 19, 2017
Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel with your family. I am happy to hear that you had a great visit and hope that you were able to do all the fun things you wanted in our great city. On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back!
$189
3.6 miles from The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Fitness center
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,912 results
All reviews dupont circle white house rooftop bar front desk staff few blocks location is great national mall metro station kitchenette dishwasher bellman neighborhood uber
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I stayed here with a large group of teachers. My coworker and I shared a room with two full beds. Very comfortable, modern and clean. We both got up early to use the fitness center in the basement. It's small but has all the essential equipment to get the job done. Only complaint is that there was no cleaning spray for the machines, and that housekeeping didn't always leave us two coffee pouches for the morning (they are single-serve). The roof-top bar has a beautiful view. Walking distance to the metro (9 mins) and our conference location. We bought $10 metro passes for each of us and ended up giving them away at the airport after only using them to and from Reagan.

Room tip: Not too close to the bar on the roof. Our room on the 7th floor was perfect.
Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance from the White House and National Mall. Our room was clean, spacious and situated on the last floor. I have to thank the kind staff they collected two packages for me before our stay.
On our first night, we found what it seemed to be a bed bug, we reported the situation on the next morning and we were then given another room. I have to mention this situation didn't allow us to enjoy our stay at the maximum, given that we didn't receive any official report with respect to bed bugs or their extinction, so that we know how to proceed after we get back from holidays with our clothes and luggage.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cezara01
Reviewed July 3, 2017

The Beacon was located close to a work event and seemed like a nice enough neighborhood but not really close to much. The room was very small, looked old and there was no fridge, The bathroom was small. There was no creamer or sugar with the in room coffee. The view was of no consequence. The employees were helpful. The rooftop bar was expensive and not great. It was sticky and the cocktails were very basic and made with premixed stuff.

1  Thank pjgrad
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

I had a decent experience staying 3 nights here. I'd give 3 1/2 if that was an option. Location was good and convenient to the metro and LA Fitness. Maybe 2-3 min farther than I had hoped. The room was sufficient and bed comfortable. I didn't go to the restaurant on the ground level nor the roof top bar. I didn't use the sparse fitness center. Don't come to this hotel if you expect one. The staff were pleasant. All in all it was what I would expect for a hotel so I was satisfied.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank atlmeatball
Reviewed June 28, 2017

The positives of this hotel are that it's well located & within walking distance of the White House, Jefferson & Lincoln Memorials, plus a few convenience stores, bars & restaurants, the staff are generally friendly & helpful. However, the decor is stuck in the 70's, lots of brown & gold in the bedrooms & carpet skirting! I didn't walk around barefoot. The wifi is also not very good & I had to use my mobile as a Hot Spot. If you're looking for luxury, then this is not it, however if you're looking for a well located hotel for a short stay, this is absolutely fine.

Room tip: Ask for a room with double aspect, not near a lift shaft
Date of stay: May 2017