Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
travelup.com
$125
pjgrad
Kent, Washington

Okay

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 3, 2017
The Beacon was located close to a work event and seemed like a nice enough neighborhood but not really close to much. The room was very small, looked old and there was no fridge, The bathroom was small. There was no creamer or sugar with the in room coffee. The view was of no consequence. The employees were helpful. The rooftop bar was expensive and not great. It was sticky and the cocktails were very basic and made with premixed stuff.
Trip type: Traveled on business
    $309
0.7 miles from The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,912 results
All reviews dupont circle white house rooftop bar front desk staff few blocks location is great national mall metro station kitchenette dishwasher bellman neighborhood uber
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

I had a decent experience staying 3 nights here. I'd give 3 1/2 if that was an option. Location was good and convenient to the metro and LA Fitness. Maybe 2-3 min farther than I had hoped. The room was sufficient and bed comfortable. I didn't go to the restaurant on the ground level nor the roof top bar. I didn't use the sparse fitness center. Don't come to this hotel if you expect one. The staff were pleasant. All in all it was what I would expect for a hotel so I was satisfied.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank atlmeatball
Reviewed June 28, 2017

The positives of this hotel are that it's well located & within walking distance of the White House, Jefferson & Lincoln Memorials, plus a few convenience stores, bars & restaurants, the staff are generally friendly & helpful. However, the decor is stuck in the 70's, lots of brown & gold in the bedrooms & carpet skirting! I didn't walk around barefoot. The wifi is also not very good & I had to use my mobile as a Hot Spot. If you're looking for luxury, then this is not it, however if you're looking for a well located hotel for a short stay, this is absolutely fine.

Room tip: Ask for a room with double aspect, not near a lift shaft
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2017

I recently stayed at the Beacon Hotel and found this hotel through the National Smithsonian Zoo website. I booked the "Panda Package" which gives us a small discount on our room and valet parking, and also donated part of the proceeds towards the zoo (it also came with a panda plushie and information about the pandas!).

We booked the junior suite for 3 nights and it really was a nice stay. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The beds were very comfy with feather down pillows and duvet. The bathroom was open and spacious.

Prior to the trip I called on the phone to ask a question about my reservation (I had booked online) and it was a bit of a nightmare. However, the staff was very courteous and we had no problems during our stay.

The location is a prime spot located downtown near Dupont Circle and ended up being a quiet little corner (despite the roadwork that was happening in front). With the Philippine Embassy and Australian Embassy right behind, the area was quiet and clean with a small park right next to the building if you needed a little bit of fresh air. All of the tourist spots we visited were very close by (around a $10 Uber/Lyft ride) and restaurants, shops, etc within walking distance. We didn't visit it but the National Geographic Museum is literally around the corner.

It is a bit pricey but we were looking to treat ourselves and I would definitely stay here again budget willing.

Room tip: The Junior Suites have a kitchenette and separate living area.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SteveRipai, General Manager at The Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay as a guest of ours. The Panda Package is a favorite for families and zoo-lovers. We hope you enjoyed the zoo as much as we do. On behalf of entire team at the Beacon Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights, it was comfy. They hold $150.00 on your card. The hotel is decent, they have phone chargers at the front desk. (I left mine at a previous location) they charged it there. You walked up the street in a quaint neighborhood about 4 blocks up to CVS to get a charger. Also grabbed a little cocktail from the liquor store. A couple blocks from CVS up on 17th. A lot of LBGT community businesses, although I'm not in that category I enjoyed the area. 14th street about a 10-15 min. walk with various restaurants. I ate at a quaint little Ethiopian restaurant. Back at the hotel .. the food was OK. I met a nice couple. Noticed the shrimp only had 2 shrimp for $12.00. I later ordered the chicken tortilla soup, it tasted like Campbell's soup with diced chicken. Yuck! The sky bar was fabulous. Had the jerk shrimp! It was ok 4 shrimp this time. Drinks were good. They have an outside area downstairs that s under utilized. Not even oven. It was such a night, the could've had a packed house. O well they need a new Chef and use all the open spaces.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Came for a business meeting. Check-in was painful. The woman would not say hello or smile, would not help my friend with parking. I asked questions and would get single word answers. She was not patient nor forthcoming with Information. The room is large and comfortable. Two full beds, couch , desk and chairs. Closet is in bathroom which is a nice idea. Tv is small. The breakfast was painfully slow. It took 20 minutes to get service even though they were not too busy. It took 25 minutes to get my omelette, which was over cooked and almost burnt. Then afte 15 minutes after finishing I had to search for a wait person to get my check. I had to go into a room to look for one staff person in the dinning. By then I was losing my patience. This is not the place for a quick breakfast and the staff again were not very friendly. The meeting room was good and the lunch provided was small for a lunch salad and over cooked salmon. The gym is sad. 4 machines and no room for floor exercises.

Trip type: Traveled on business