We booked this hotel through Priceline.com.
This hotel worked out perfectly as it is centrally located. And located a few blocks from Faraguat Metro Station, which proved to be a great help.
Upon arriving, I asked if any complimentary upgrades were available. We were told the hotel was booked solid for the night (Wednesday night) and to check back the next morning before heading out. The room was nothing special - two double beds, a very small bathroom. Room so small that the coffee pot was kept on a shelf in the closet. It was going to be a very long 4 days if our family of four continued in this room.
We were upgraded (complimentary) the next morning to what I think is a mini suite? - Two double beds, a couch area with sofa sleeper and a mini kitchen (fridge, freezer, stove top, stocked cupboards with dishes, dish washer). It was PERFECT!!!!! We loved it! Our girls (ages 9 and 14) loved it so much that they didn't want to leave the room! Thank you to Lisa at the front desk for working her magic.
The rest of the front desk staff were friendly and we encountered no problems. We were always greeted as we came in, and wished a good day as we left by the Valet Attendants.
The only drawback we encountered was in regards to the restaurant in the Hotel. Husband and I desired a mini date and we thought we'd get dessert and enjoy the sky bar.Too loud for our taste. So we went downstairs to the restaurant. There was no host. A waiter sat us and seemed put out that we were only there for dessert. It was as though the place really wasn't interested in our business. Not sure if it was because it was 9:30 at night (closes at 10;00) or what. We did get dessert and enjoyed a few minutes without our kids. But it was more effort than we thought it'd be.
Overall, our stay at the Beacon was great!! The room upgrade was appreciated more than words could express. If given the chance, we'd stay here again, and we would recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beacon Hotel creates the perfect setting where guests can "Work, Relax and Play" in an atmosphere that is contemporary, welcoming and elegant. This summer enjoy the benefits of an extraordinary location, from where you can walk to the Smithsonian Museums and Monuments all within an easy walk or short metro ride, walk four blocks to The White House, off "Embassy Row" famous for stunning Diplomatic residences, yet equally convenient to the centers of business of "K Street" and Connecticut Ave. The Walter E Washington Convention Center, The cool restaurants and Night life of Dupont Circle and 14th Street. Two Metro stations are within easy walk. Accommodations include spacious deluxe rooms and our popular "Corporate Quarter Suites" inspired by New York Style studio living, featuring pantries, dining and living areas that complement the lifestyles of our guests with spacious accommodations. Ideal settings whether you are traveling with family, an urban explorer or if you are seeking a romantic escape. The Beacon Bar & Grill presents excellent dining and entertainment options: alfresco dining in season, an elegant dining room, light fare and creative cocktails are featured in season in our Sky-Bar rooftop lounge. Featuring creative American cuisine drawing inspiration from comfort foods, international cuisine and seasonal offerings. Our Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch, have been voted amongst the "Top Five" Champagne Brunches in the city for over 10 years running. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel And Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Corporate Quarters
- Beacon Hotel Washington Dc
- Beacon Hotel Dc