“Quick weekend trip”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #112 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I arrived at the Beacon Hotel, I had taken the red eye from Las Vegas to Philadelphia and rented a car and drove straight through to Washington D.C. The staff was very understanding of the situation and had my room ready shortly after my arrival. The room was spacious and well kept. We were able to walk to everything I wanted to see. I would recommend the Beacon for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Circusguy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel is nice and the staff was ready and willing to serve. The initial price, $106 seemed good but...$35 for parking (come on, really?) and $12 for internet (in this day of ubiquitous free wifi?). I hate places that nickel and dime you- if I knew up front, I wouldn't have stayed. Then I checked out and noticed that my card was charged $53 for parking (apparently) which I will have to sort out. Kind of a [--] way to run a place. Nice but I won't go back and I don't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early in the afternoon and found a room ready. Only two things I could say the water pressure is poor for showers. The beds were showing their age. Room was clean and staff great. Would stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend get-away and had another great time. During my last stay I suggested that something be taken care of and the GM sent me an email telling me that he would check the problem out. So for the GM to send me an email trying to discuss the matter I think it speaks volumes. So thanks again for a great weekend, Beacon!

Oh try the restaurant, great brunch and good drinks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Although I live in DC, it is always nice to leave home but still be close to home. The Beacon was a wonderful, relaxing stay away from home. It did feel like home and offered nice amenities like home: nice, comfortable bed, large bathroom, open, warm kitchen with fireplace in living room and overall cozy and wonderful.

Room Tip: I had a one bedroom, thus suggest getting that if you want space to roam and relax.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I just spent the weekend here and had a fabulous stay. The location is convenient to everything we needed and the accommodations were comfortable, quiet and clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. We had friends meet at the bar for happy hour before heading out for dinner. Drinks and appetizers were reasonable and the atmosphere was nice. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Half broken TV, wifi $12/day on top of room charges, guys kept coming to my room to check for a leak from above, somewhat springy bed, nice people. Honestly, I hope my company books me elsewhere next time I'm in town on business.

• Stayed: October 2013