“A Wonderful Hotel”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #112 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The beacon hotel is a wonderful place to stay if you are in DC. The location is perfect for all you want becuase of it closes to everything. the hotel staff are WONDERFUL. They are friendly and helpful. The garage was full went we arrived they were prepare to give us direction to the nearest parking garage and even offer us free interner service and a nice king suite. The room was beautiful with a kitchen and living room. During our stay we had the chance to visit the Bar on the roof top and it was by far one of the best experience we had. The price was cheap for this part of DC. It is more expensive during the week.

2  Thank Edwin B
SteveRipai, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the car valet to the chamber person I was treated liked royalty. Great location, nice size room, great window, clean bathroom, comfy beds. All around pleasant experience, I like the Beacon so much I returned the following weekend for another stay-cation. I will definitely be back again before the summer is through.

2  Thank cmacNYC

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a splendid appraisal of your stay at the Beacon Hotel. More importantly we want to say thank you for having selected the Beacon Hotel during your recent visit to Washington, DC. Our desire is to insure that through our service and Hospitality that every guest is predisposed to return, and we certainly hope to have occasion to welcome you back to the Beacon

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous location. Parking expensive. Booked through Orbitz for king bed and they gave us two twins because they said its first come first serve basis and we checked in too late (sorry our 5 hour drive took too long!). Hotel is small but has all u need. Bathrooms eh.. No closet so there's racks in the bathroom with the safe and coffee pot. No fridge either. Room was spacious tho and nice enough. Sky bar is fun and seemed like a cool spot. Front desk staff seemed swamped and couldn't pay much attention.. In fact didnt even answer the phone on or first night when we called to ask a question. Wait staff awesome. Nate and Lynette were attentive, super nice/personable and professional including when the NASTY host at the bruch, who originally told us he had no seats for us when there were empty tables EVERYWHERE and then ignored us, who then seated us after the valet asked us why we were leaving so soon, gave one of them a RUDE comment for doing their job perfectly fine. There were a few flies in our room too Ew. But the location makes it worth it. I was able to take a jog around the White House and we walked a few blocks to take the double deck bus tour to everything.

Overall nice place. Couldnt expect More for the price we paid. Wouldn't recommend against it but might try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Tjt319
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We got to the hotel in the middle of a storm. It was rainy. The bellman came out with an umbrella and secure our luggage and help us all the way to our room. The staff are truly magnificent. They were helpful every time. The location is incredible. The room was nice. The hotel is a non smoking property. The rooftop bar is amazing.

Room Tip: Parking is $42.00 per day.
2  Thank Christine E

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your very gracious comments they are indeed very much appreciated and will be shared with every members of our team We look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location and is comfortable enough but overall there are too many things that are lacking in order for me to give a positive review:

Waited over an hour to be able to check in
Inability to loan a UK plug adaptor (was advised to go to radio shack)
Air conditioning was incredibly noisy in the room
No tea or coffee making facilities in the room
No fridge in the room
TV intermittently lost signal
Water, which appeared in the room was not free - (charged $8 per day at checkout)

As we spent most of the time sightseeing and little time in the room, this didn't bother us too much so we didn't make a complaint, however I feel other travellers (and the hotel) should see our feedback.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Beacon for one weekday night over Spring Break. I benefited from an online deal that allowed me to book the room for $99 and afforded me a free bottle of champagne! Check-in was not only easy, but actually enjoyable. A young lady (whose name I have regrettably forgotten) welcomed me and helped me to check in, including giving me specific and helpful instructions for using the elevator and telling me when to expect my bottle of champagne. My room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The beds and pillows were clean and soft, and the bathroom was well-maintained. I find DC a beautiful town, and it was on display from my room. Kingsley assisted in checking me out of the hotel, and he offered to hold my bags at the hotel after check-out while I wasted time in the city before my flight home. I didn't even have to ask. My bags were tagged and put into a locked closet, from which they were quickly retrieved upon my return to the hotel hours later. Oh, and the champagne was nice and cold!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank KayCeeJay13

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. It was truly a pleasure serving you and we sincerely hope that we have merited a return visit, should your travels bring you back to our city.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the Beacon recently on a business trip. It is a classic old hotel but still fairly up to date. A kitchenette was included so this would be a good place for someone on an extended stay. The concierge staff was very accommodating. The business center did not have a scanner though. The room was clean and had a sofa, desk and dining table. My only complaint was the bed could use a new mattress. It had obvious depressions on the sides and a hump in the middle. Overall a nice place to stay with a fairly good restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Farther from the ground floor bar is better especially on the weekend because of noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wildroze25

Thank you for taking the time to appraise us of your visit, but more importantly we thank you for choosing the Beacon during your recent visit to Washington, DC. We look forward to your return visit and are pleased that your stay with us was pleasant