“I always have a good stay at the Beacon!”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #110 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Beacon Hotel is a great deal in DC. The rooms are big, the wifi is free and the staff is professional and friendly. The room décor is a little tired and there definitely are not enough plugs for all my electronics, but those are small issues with an overall great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PQ63
SteveRipai, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We are so thrilled that you had a lovely stay. Thank you for taking the time to let others know how much you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your next visit

There are newer reviews for Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived earl y and we had no problem checking in. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Mohammed stands out. He was helpful in storing our luggage and giving directions. The overall feel for this hotel is very welcoming. The room was not what we expected but it was clean and the bed was super comfortable. The price we got the hotel for was $99 per night. It was amazing for this part of DC. The hotel offers free membership pass to the YMCA. We will definitely consider the Beacon will recommend it. Minus the charge for internet it is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: $35.00 a day to park and $12.00 for internet usage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna C

We appreciate you taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed the Beacon Hotel. It is because of you that we are here. Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed two nights in June 2013. The hotel is convenient to Dupont Circle and the Carnegie Institute where I was attending a meeting. Front desk staff were efficient and helpful when I needed a plug adapter for my computer. The reception I attended in the hotel was well catered and managed. Comfortable venue with the bar out of the room on a large balcony.
Rooms clean and comfortable. Squashed and very low toilet. Coffee making materials in a cupboard, No tea of sweetner on the tray. No newspapers in the morning.
So adequate and comfortable though not special. Expensive but this is washington I suppose

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank laings

Thank you for taking the time to share with us comment regarding your recent stay at the Beacon Hotel In Washington, DC. We are appreciative of the fact that you selected us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Beacon has an excellent location, within walking distance of Dupont Circle. We actually moved rooms twice (once because the double bed was too small, the second time because the ac was extremely loud) before settling on a comfortable third room on the fourth floor. The front desk accommodated our requests with good grace, particularly on the busy Saturday night on which we arrived. Even in our final room however the ac was extremely loud: this appears to be an endemic problem.
More broadly, the hotel lacked that certain ambience which would mark it as a four star review for us. Whilst they have added touches to smarten up the rooms as best they can the building just feels a little tired.
All in all therefore a safe but not spectacular DC option.

Room Tip: Be careful of the smaller rooms as the air conditioning can be oppressively loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Calvadas

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've enjoyed the Beacon Hotel frequently enough to enjoy the consistency of their service above other hotels in the area. Over that time, I've enjoyed various rooms including their spacious kitchenette suites.

On my most recent trip, the manager recognized me by name, and I received an upgrade to a king suite with an sitting area. Other staffers show their appreciation for my repeat business with smiles and salutations. This kind of personal service goes well beyond the anonymous pseudo-intimacies of superchain corporate loyalty programs.

The location is a pleasantly shaded refuge just a short stroll from the bustle of DuPont circle nightlife. For swimming and other fitness activities, the Beacon offers complimentary access to the YMCA and its pool across the street.

Finally, the Beacon Hotel's modest size helps avoid being swamped by conferences and conventions that sweep through DC's gazillion room, endless corridor hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Midwest-JJ

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked this hotel through hotels.com for a family trip over the Memorial Day weekend. Lets talk about the positives first (I am after all a very happy camper)- we got a fabulous deal, the hotel is very well located in the prime downtown area of DC. Most tourist spots are a short cab ride away. It's a contemporary/modern style, corporate hotel. The restaurant is great, though a little expensive. It seemed to pull a great local crowd!

Now to the sadly poor customer service. The hotel's staff checking us in made it a point to treat us shabbily because we had booked through a budget site. Some hotels do that. Not a good practice, but I can pretend to understand that. We had two standard double rooms reserved but for some reason she started selling a queen room instead, she made it sound premium. We were tired from our long drive from NYC, so I accepted her 'kind' gesture. Minutes later I found, the standard room was very comfortable and well lit, however, the queen room was dimly lit, match box sized. I thought it might have been a mistake and went down immediately to bring it to their attention. What followed next was a sorry experience as the staff told me they were booked out and our room had already been given to someone else. After a lot of requests, some anger, they arranged for another dimly lit (it was a conference room converted to a room) but spacious room & we settled.

Suffice it to say, I will not be visiting this hotel again.
Also, I would advise guests against the valet service since it cost me about $40 for a night. There are plenty of garages next door that can provide this at a fraction of the cost.

Rude staff can really mar a potentially great experience and for that reason I have been gracious to give it 2 stars.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We thank Mr. Labroo for choosing to stay at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to post his comments on Trip Advisor. As you have related your experience, first and foremost, allow me to apologize on behalf of the hotel and the employee whom you spoke with. I grant you, this situation was poorly handled and I will investigate it further and will reach out to you again. Once again we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations, however, it is our goal to somehow find a way to gain your trust and return visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is SOOO awesome! Customer service is great and everybody is friendly. The location is perfect! Metro in 5 mins walk. Also the affordable laundry service is great when you need it. I love the bathrooms and the extra towels always in each room. I have stayed in every type of room they have. The best is the Master Suite in 225! Steve Ripai, the Assistant Manager, is the best! Don't know why he isn't the MANAGER! But that's a whole other review. Lol. Anyway, he is witty, fun and all of the guests love him. He takes care of you very well! And he can understand almost any dialect. Lol. This guy is amazing! Thanks Beacon for yet another night! Today is my 17th night and counting!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Papo0829

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful appraisal of your stay at the Beacon Hotel. It is heartwarming to have such happy customer that would take the time to share their positive experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.