Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
$351
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$375
$271
  • Breakfast included
1,385 results
All reviewsdupont circlewhite housenational geographic museumrooftop barfront desk staffroom keyking suitefew blocksbusiness centervalet parkingconvenient locationwhole foodsmetro stationbrunchkitchenettedishwasherfarragut
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We left our luggage and went out for lunch when we arrived, then had to wait another hour for our room to be ready at 2pm. Nice waiting area in lobby with CNN. Great location one block off Connecticut between Dupont Circle and Farragut metro stations; lots of restaurants and shopping. Our room at the end of the top floor had a view of the other buildings and Scott Circle, so much light that we had to close drapes at night. Nice bathroom, but only a tiny ledge for toiletries. Good shower, but NOTHING to hold on to getting in and out, and slippery enough that I had to put a towel on the tub floor for traction. No mini-fridge in a regular room. Staff was efficient and friendly and helpful on a busy weekend.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Deborah4967
Reviewed March 31, 2008

My wife and I stayed in this hotel the last weekend of March 2008, choosing it instead of the superior Sofitel because of the bargain-basement rate for the weekend. It was our first, and will be our last, stay at Beacon.

We found the hotel to be adequate, though a little tired. Contrary to the experience of some others on this site, we found the staff in the hotel to be very helpful at check-in, during our stay, and on check-out.

Sadly, that experience did not extend to the adjoining resturant, the Beacon Bar and Grill. After check out and twenty minutes after being seated by a member of the waitstaff (and indeed ordering) so that we could get a cup of coffee before venturing out of the day, we were abruptly informed by "Cameron"--presumably some sort of manager--that all the tables were reserved and that we needed to leave immediately.

As problematic as the message from this person was the rude manner in which he told us to leave. Indeed, the family at the table next to us described the treatment as "absurd." Nevertheless, we complied, but not before telling him that we objected to his treatment of us. "Cameron" then had the audacity to chase us onto the sidewalk, all the while lecturing us on how we should behave in his resturant, how we never should have been seated, and that if we objected, we could go somewhere else.

We did just that, and don't plan on returning. Neither should you.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Constant_Traveler70
Reviewed January 21, 2008

My fiance and I stayed at the Beacon Hotel this past weekend in Jan., and had one of the worst experiences ever. We're avid travelers and we have never been treated so carelessly by a hospitality venue in our travels. First, upon checking in, everything went pretty smooth. We got the Corporate King Suite and it was pretty small, not at all what the virtual tour depicted. Aside from that, the customer service was the WORST ever! my fiance came to the hotel 2 hours after I checked us in. I told the receptionist to give me ONE key to the room and leave the other key for my fiance at the DESK! I was suffering from Strep throat and a cold during that time and just didn't want to be bothered with the phones ringing or going all the way down to the desk to get him (the elevators only operate with the room keys). Low and behold, I get a call from my fiance (who is standing in the lobby) that only are they giving him a hard time but they didn't have his key at the desk or name on the room! I call the front desk to get some middle eastern guy who told me in a rude manner that they will take care of it and let him up! 10 mins later my fiance calls me AGAIN! I call down to the front desk ONCE AGAIN and ask them why they have him standing in the lobby! I get an African guy that yells something rude at me and just HANGS UP THE PHONE IN MY FACE! At that point, I get angry, have to put on all my clothes and go down stairs to get my fiance. I ask them where is the other key to my room and they act as if they could careless and are SO VERY VERY rude to us. I say forget it and my fiance and I go up to the room. All night long we're getting calls from the front desk asking us if we ordered room service! We tell them no over and over! They come banging on the door twice throughout the night about room service, disturbing our sleep! The staff seemed extremely disorganized and frustrated (not sure why because not many people were checking in!) I can't get over the one representative hanging the phone up on me after yelling at me as if I was NOTHING and my service to the hotel meant nothing! I have never been treated so badly, ever! I was so exhausted from being sick that we didn't have the time or energy to move to another hotel so we just stayed for ONE NIGHT and left. I would never recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank shantriw
Begtodiffer, General Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2008

I contacted this guest after hearing of her bad visit from our staff. Unfortunately, we did miscommunicate and a new night auditor was on duty that was following our security procedures.
After speaking to the guest I immediately adjusted her room bill and invited her back to make up for the inconvenience.
I am glad she made me aware of this and will always work to make all of our guests happy even when our service and procedures fail. You can be sure we have retrained the staff and that our other guests have not had this kind of problem.

Reviewed January 15, 2008

This hotel will charge you for EVERYTHING! And their staff members are very rude and unprofessional. They don't know NOTHING about customer service. They don't offer solutions but create more problems.

$200 for Housekeeping is insane! When we asked them why we were not informed about this charge DURING our stay (they only told us when we were checking out), a staff replied "do you need to informed about the charges to be responsible?" I don't think that's an appropriate response from a staff. They clearly do not care about their customers. In addition, the Housekeeping Manager walked out on us when we were trying to discuss the problem. Who would ever do that?

We just wanted explanation for the charge but they couldn't give us any justification for it. $200 fee was too subjective... the front desk staff said, "$200 is nothing...we actually charged $500 to one customer this morning." AS IF that would make everything right? The General Manager was no help either. He did not even consider our arguments. It was like talking to a wall.

DO NOT choose the Beacon Hotel if you don't want to get ripped off and be disrespected by the staff members.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
11  Thank 702forever

Please keep in mind that the guest writing this review treated the hotel like a fraternity house. We tried to contact them throughout the stay because the guest packed well over 8 people in a room designed for a maximum of 4 people. They brought in air matresses and the housekeeping department could not even walk in the room without stepping on clothes and luggage spread out.
The room is equipped with a kitchen and the food they prepared was thrown on the floor and ground into the carpet.
We left several messages and advised them of the added fees that were appropriate for extra people (we prefer to give them another room but obviously they were trying to save money by packing people into one room) not to mention the added cleaning expense.
You can imagine the effort to now clean the room for other guests and we had to throw away all of the pots and pans because the they burned food to the bottom.
We are glad they are not coming back, the Beacon Hotel is not the right place for these people.

Reviewed December 31, 2007

This hotel has been recently remodeled, and it shows. We stayed in the "corporate quarters" wing of the Beacon Hotel. The room was spacious with two very comfortable queen beds. The bathroom was nicely appointed, although short on countertop space. The kitchenette was better than expected. An apartment size fridge, sink, and cooking surface, plus adequate dishes for cooking and eating at the bistro table and chairs. (I assume there must have been a microwave as well, but don't specifically recall it). Our room was so quiet that we actually peeked down the hallway to see if we had neighbors (we did). The lobby is indeed miniscule -- which was great because it meant only a few short steps to the elevators. At only 9 floors, we never had to wait long for an elevator. We found the staff to be friendly and responsive to a minor problem. I felt that the comfort level was equivalent to the Marriotts, etc, that are also on our conference hotel list. I visited friends staying at 2 other hotels near the conference center, and can say with confidence that we had a much better room for the same price. Location is an easy walk to/from the metro, and is bordered by a residential area, which I enjoyed after hiking the urban jungle.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business