Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #110 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here with my cousin. The price was great, front desk agent were very patient and listened to our request and offered us free upgrade. The YMCA next door was definitely what we needed. Will surely be back for summer.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank hannious
SteveRipai, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just what the doctor order. Great location within walking distance to public transportation. Very nice room, comfortable. Best price in dc. Wonderful staff especially the front desk staff. They give us a free upgrade. It was a room with fire place. I will always stay here during my trip to dc.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank AliceSmall

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a splendid appraisal of your stay at the Beacon Hotel. We truly appreciate the positive remarks about the staff. It is gratifying to have such happy customer that would take the time to share their positive experience. We are delighted to know that all your requests were handle promptly. We are also pleased to know that you found our value, location and high level of service to be exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Second trip to the Beacon and it was better. The staff are friendly and very helpful. This trip was better than the last one. we got a better room. The room had two beds and a sofa bed. They still have access to the YMCA for free. it is only for those staying at the Beacon. The price for parking is higher now. Free wi-fi if you book through the hotel web site.

Room Tip: Stay away from Rhode island Ave. because of construction.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lucy W
SteveRipai, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express our genuine appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us your constructive feedback as we continue to improve. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was pleased with the spacious room, decent number of towels (I hate hotels where single occupancy equates to one measly towel), good sized desk, quietness and big windows. I was less thrilled about how loud the heater is when it's on, the fact that hanging space for clothes is inside the bathroom rather than in a closet, and how the lamps aren't very good as task lighting for work and reading.

This morning I turned the shower on, walked out to get some clothes, and was horrified by the sight of a large roach when I came back in to jump under the shower. It was crawling over the tap, and then proceeded to crawl up the shower curtain. I complained to the front desk, they sent someone to take care of it, and I fled to breakfast while they attended to it. They offered to move me to another room. It turned out to be a room with a kitchenette (big fridge, cooking range, dishwasher, microwave, etc.) - all very tempting given I am here on 10 days for work - but was nervous that anything involving food compounded the chance of roaches wandering around - so I settled for a regular room. Also, the room with the kitchenette was awkwardly shaped, and though the kitchenette separated the bedroom from a living area (in itself a nice idea), the bedroom was tiny and had barely any space around the actual bed.

I'm now in a room that is slightly smaller than my original one, thanks to a "private room" eating into the space that would otherwise have been within the room. And despite being on the 9th floor (because I am facing the main street, rather than a side street as before?), it is much noisier than my original room on the 4th floor. I lacked the will to pack and move again, as I was running late for a meeting, and don't have the choice of moving elsewhere as all delegates for my workshop have been put up here and paid for.

But for the roach experience, I would have been very happy in my original room. It's dated and old fashioned, but the space and quiet compensated for everything. Now I have less space, more noise and the horror that roaches may appear at any moment. I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend any more time here than strictly necessary to sleep and shower.

The front desk was pleasant and quick to sort another room out, but I would rather there hadn't been a roach situation to begin with.

1  Thank Blueperiod
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Clean, Confortable hotel near downtown for business travel. Secure and quiet. Be forewarned; parking is $35-40 per night. No self parking. Your only other option is a meter. The hotel won't give you quarters. Its easy to find a parking space close to the hotel, just remember, the meters start running at 7am in that neighborhood. Plenty of restaurants nearby.
Nice, comfy bedding. Hot, hot water in the shower. 12pm, unrushed checkout. Not bad for $97 on weekend day. Would choose again.

Room Tip: 6th floor far corner was very quiet. 620, 621, 622. Last are to be hit by housekeeping
2  Thank Martin T

We truly appreciate your kind appraisal and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just the right place with the right price. The location is good. Steve and Kingsley were very helpful and friendly. They give us a free upgrade to a suite. It is a good hotel. The room was very nice and clean. Parking is $35 per night. We recommend this hotrl.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank MohYus

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel was very clean with attentive, friendly staff. The staff is more than willing to assist in getting cabs, offering places to eat, and quickly attending to your every need. For instance, a friend I was traveling with forgot a razor so the staff brought one up to the room. The room has all the basic amenities and a great view. I wish they had a refrigerator and free internet, though.

3  Thank teachmonster

Thank you very much for choosing us as your home away from home. We are also grateful to you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our hotel and its staff. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.