Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
$351
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$319
$287
  • Breakfast included
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
  • Room Service
$199
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$404
$271
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,385 results
All reviewsdupont circlewhite housenational geographic museumrooftop barfront desk staffroom keyking suitefew blocksbusiness centervalet parkingconvenient locationwhole foodsmetro stationbrunchkitchenettedishwasherfarragut
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I arrived to the hotel mid january, the front desk staff was extremely helpful and nice. I recall one of the employees names was Kingsly or kingsley. The rooms were very clean and comfortable; whenever i needed anything like clean sheets or extra towels it was always delivered immedietly and on time. For anyone looking to stay here, I HIGHLY reccomend this hotel. 5 stars in my book

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mrpipelayer
SteveRipai, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful appraisal of your stay at the Beacon Hotel. It is heartwarming to have such happy customer that would take the time to share their positive experience. We are delighted to know that all your requests were handle promptly. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for a friends bday. Hotel rooms were great. Parking was $35 compared to a $200 dollar ticket you get when you park on the street.Upgrades are pretty cheap. Staff were very helpful, especially Kingsley. He printed us a list of restaurants in the area. Planning to come there again this summer time and I hope to get a good rate like I did.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jordan2234
SteveRipai, Front Office Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed the Beacon Hotel. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked this place for five nights after checking some reviews, seems I should have red more. Paid about $120 per night on average. The room is small, odd-shaped. The bed is way too short, and I am only 5'11" or so. Weird.

It is about 32 degrees outside, and room service turns off the heater when they make the beds. We came back at night to a frozen room, it took forever to get warm and comfy and sleep. Complaints to front desk and maintenance have not yielded any results.

When the heater runs, it works, but it is loud. So is the room, 9th floor, thin windows, lots of outside construction and street noise.

Sorry, Beacon, I am taking my business elsewhere next time. The challenging parking situation isn't helping either.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Valet great. Front desk staff great. Room huge. Furniture a little dated but very clean. Awesome hotek for the value. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Very convenient location to get to downtown or suburbs.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank tbennettstmartin

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Beacon Hotel and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the great feedback and look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Beacon recently while participating at a conference across the street. The staff was friendly and the check-in procedure was easy enough but that's about it for the good.

My room did not meet my expectations. I was assigned an awkwardly-shaped corner room which left little room to move about. The bathroom was incredibly small - not enough room to put personal items on the counter, the toilet was tucked away in a little nook that was barely wide enough to accommodate it, and towels were stashed around the corner from the shower - very inconvenient. The closet was also small - one of those closets where clothes have to be stored forward-facing due to its narrow width. The iron, ice bucket, safe, and ironing board were all in this closet so there was little room to hang my shirts and suits. The main room was also jammed. The little bit of desk space was taken up by a lamp, hotel pamphlets, maps and such. I managed to find some area for my personal items but could not imagine how someone would use a laptop here, if needed. The night stands were tiny and each had a large lamp on it plus one of them had an oversized alarm clock/ipod player on it so there wasn't much room to put my glasses down at night. One lamp didn't work very well - you had to jiggle it just right to get it to turn on. The alarm clock was broken - stuck on 3:06 PM for two days straight; I never managed to figure out how to set the time although I could set the alarm, which was useless without an accurate clock, and turn the radio on and off. The television on the bureau was not in good working order. Some channels had sound but no picture, other channels had a picture but no sound. In talking with other conference attendees who stayed at this hotel, I learned that they had similar tv problems. Finally, the room was noisy. The heater was much louder than it should be and the walls were pretty thin; I could hear the conversations and tv from the room next door. Additionally, noise from the street below was incredibly loud. I was on the sixth floor but street noise was highly evident and the construction project going on across the street was not relaxing.

I have stayed in a few hotels DC and in the DuPont Circle area - this one was by far the least comfortable. I would not choose to stay here again on my next visit to DC especially at the price I paid.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, make sure you don't get a corner room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business