“It just gets better!”

Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
Ranked #110 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I just spent two nights at the Beacon in Washington. This was my first visit in a year, although my seventh in 4 years. I had one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in in my over 30 years of international business travel. It was amazing, spacious, well-presented, comfortable (extremely) and superb value for money.

I have to commend the staff at the Beacon. The gentleman who checked me in (and out) was extremely friendly and helpful. Indeed, all the staff were (as usual). They always make a stay at the Beacon nice, and this time was no exception.

Well-located, close to the business centre of Washington, close to excellent restaurants and bars, the Beacon is in a terrific location. Match that with the quality of the accommodation and service and you have one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It gets my five stars!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David B
SteveRipai, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful appraisal of your stay at the Beacon Hotel. It is heartwarming to have such happy customer that would take the time to share their positive experience. It is our goal to make it better each and every time a guest walks into the Beacon.We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Middle of the road business hotel. Service was good, but nothing was outstandingly good or horrible about the experience, except the internet service was not great. The main advantage was location. The hotel bar served surprisingly good food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cecil H

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your early return.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Basically the hotel is ok. But there are some negative points which I believe should to be fixed:
- Expensive and deadly slow wifi.
- Heater in my room was old and uncontrollable so from time to time it was really cold, especially at night.
- After the hurricane Sandy half of the room was wet (through the closed balcony) but no one cared about it.
- Hotel used to block random amounts in your credit card without your consent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OrkoOrko

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We would like to express sincere appreciation to you for providing us your feedback. We take our guest feedback very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. We apologize for the situation with regard to the service you received. This is certainly not the kind of impression or service we intend for our guests. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I Must say ,My stay at the Beacon Hotel was a very pleasant experience. The customer service was very informative and the room service was timely. The hotel staff was friendly and inviting. I had the pleasure of dinnig at the cafe' located in the hotel,The food was EXCELLENT.I would recomend that you try the Barbecue quesadiles and cheese,It was absoutely delicious!The service was great and the waiter was very helpful! Overall I would defintely revisit the beacon hotel again and I Would recommend any friend or tourist to as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kayla g

We appreciate you taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed the Beacon Hotel. Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your next visit

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I upgraded for $10 a day upon arrival and the room was huge, bigger than some of the apartments I've had. It had a huge bedroom with lots of closets, a kitchenette, and a separate TV room with a pull-out couch. So if I were traveling with a family on a budget, I would have been happy about a low-cost, ah, suite.

However, calling it a suite is purely a distinction of space and not atmosphere or quality: the room looked like it had been cheaply redecorated once a decade and unfortunate bits of from each period still remained: it reminded me of a closet that had gradually become a dumping ground for all sorts of things that people forget about and never want to use again. But even the poor decorating wouldn't have bothered me that much, but the room itself was falling apart. The rug was musty and stained, the fridge froze anything I put in it no matter how I adjusted the temperature, the bathroom door handle needed a safecracker's skill to open, the bed had a huge permanent indent on one side, the coffee maker didn't work...and so on. The worst, though, was when I sat down on the couch for the first time and it was very wet, with what I didn't even want to speculate.

Also, although I'm used to some hotels gouging their guests by charging a per day fee for wireless, this place went a step further by charging a per device fee for wireless. Perhaps this happens in other places but I haven't heard about that before.

The hotel is in a nice area, though, and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful: mis-charging me for things I didn't order would have been another complaint but the front desk staff was very professional and courteous in fixing that. Overall, a disappointment because I wanted to find a place to suggest to friends with kids visiting the city. Other reviewers seemed to enjoy their experience here more than I did, so perhaps I just had the misfortune of getting a declining room during an off week.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Christopher D

Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We express our sincere appreciation to you for the compliments on the staff. We take our guest feedback very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. We apologize for the discrepancies you found in your room and with the service..…certainly this is just as unacceptable to us as it is to you. We can assure you that We have addressed this issue rigorously. Again, we thank you for choosing us and we look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I were at this hotel for an event, and instead of driving home, decided to stay the night. There were some highs, some lows, and some in betweens, but overall enjoyed the experience.

The Good - The room. We paid 10 dollars for the upgrade to a suite and I feel as though I got my money's worth for that upgrade. We had a fridge, a sink, and a decent setup/configuration. We were on the eight floor but not facing anything that could really be considered a view.

The Bad - The service. It started with the phone call before booking the hotel and did not get better at any point. To park your car you must valet. Pulled up to the valet, aparently they dont come to your car. Had to go to the front desk to have someone come park my car. Supplies insufficient in the room, the bed was too short, feet hanging off, and there was no working air conditioning. There were a lot of negatives looking back, but just came from a very fun event so was more willing than usual to overlook them I guess.

The Great - Location. Thats about it. If this is where you want to be in D.C. it is in a good spot.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blewjaye

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I wanted to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We’re sorry that you received service that is less-than-satisfactory and we regret any inconvenience or disappointment that your experience caused you. We value you as a guest, and we do want you to know that we’ve taken corrective measures to prevent such occurrences in the future. We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Big rooms, clean and good location. It's safe and secured with parking facilities. A 24-hour pizza joint serves hotel guests. The staff are friendly and hospitality. This is largely a business hotel from the looks of it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msilovefood71

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your early return