“Romance Rekindled”

Ranked #107 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Romance Rekindled”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Came down to DC from NJ with my sweetheart for a weekend getaway. I was surprised to see that the hotel's web site offered better prices than the online travel sites. Check-in was seamless, doormen and valet were very attentive and on point. The room was amazing and exceeded what I had expected. The bath room was spotless, very modern and up to date. I stayed in the King size suite with the kitchenette, and living room w/ fireplace. Which came in very handy since I like to sleep in and my fiance doesn't. Which allowed her to go out into the living room and watch the big flat screen TV that's mounted over the fireplace while I slept in. I didn't attend the Sunday brunch, however I can tell it must be equally amazing by the non hotel guests who were coming there just for that!!! I will definitely have the Sunday brunch on my next stay at the Beacon, which I hope will be sooner than later.

Room Tip: I would recommend the King size suite with the $49 upgrade. Can't beat the room for the price.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J2Jsquare
SteveRipai, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you ever so much for sharing your comments about your recent experience at The Beacon Hotel. Comments such as yours provide us the fuel to continue in our effort to provide a welcoming and hospitable environment in which our guests fully enjoy our city. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Booking in here is like travelling back to 1979. Sliding door to miniature toilet/bathroom. Noisiest air con ever, thin walls between rooms. Beds that are way overdue being replaced.

On the plus side the staff are friendly, and the location is convenient. But why, oh why, are some hotels still charging for wi-fi Internet access? The Beacon is guilty in this regard. Rooms remind me of Towering Inferno movie or any hotel related movie from that era.

In fairness as a 1970's theme hotel it definitely hits the mark, but for me, eh no.

• Stayed December 2012
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

perfect location
love the modernism of the decor
however a few areas of concern
in room:
ripped up dining area seat (tacky)
stained couch (gross)
leaking toilet (sad)
room needed better vacuuming (ewww)

loved everything besides those few repairable things ... loved the view from walls of windows ... staff was prompt to help no matter what the request

would stay here again

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank created4thecreator
SteveRipai, Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Beacon Hotel for your recent visit to Washington, DC. We express our sincere appreciation to you for the compliments on the staff. We take our guest feedback very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable accommodations. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. We apologize that this was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, we thank you for choosing us and we look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.
Usa
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was very pleased with the Beacon. I particularly liked the comfortable bed. Its white bedspread was, to me, a statement about the hotel's commitment to keeping things laundered frequently. There was some construction noise from a nearby project, but that is pretty much par for the course in Washington, DC.
The Beacon's location is very good. While it is not super close to any one Metro stop, it is easy walking distance to several stops on several lines. On a nice day, you can walk to pretty much anywhere in DC from the hotel.
My only complaint would be that the heating and cooling systems are quite noisy. I ended up turning mine off at night, but this would not be an option in the summer.
There is a charge for accessing the internet on your computer.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was rewarded by being put on the 8th floor. (There are nine in the bui...
1 Thank RNatha
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time to share with everyone how much you enjoyed the Beacon Hotel. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Good things I like about this hotel are location, value, rooftop bar, nice restaurant and onsite parking. The location is relative close proximity to the major attractions. The tour bus stops in front of the hotel.  The train stations are within a 5 minutes’ walk. As compare to other hotels in DC the price is better than other hotels. You get a lot more for your money because the room was specious and very comfortable. They have a very nice rooftop bar with a wonderful view. The restaurant was very busy on Sunday and we were unable to get in early for brunch. I know to make reservation in advance the next time I am in DC. The hotel offers valet parking only which lead to the BAD. Parking at the hotel is almost $40.00 a night and they also charge for WI-FI. I got my WI-FI charges waived because I spoke to the manger and told him that I will not be coming back. I stayed at this hotel on several occasion and always paid for internet but this time I decided not to because the coffee shops give it for free if you buy a $3.00 coffee. I know the manager Steve for more than 5 years during my first trip to DC. The awesome are the people you will meet. The staff are just AWESOME. They are always smiling and greeting everyone. They seem to know what they are doing.  Mohammed was very helpful in arranging a tour for us.  We will recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel a class, comfort, service, value and most in importantly a fun and welcoming environment.  I will return if I get my free WI-FI as promise by Steve.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank VMur
It was a pleasure receiving the comments of VMur and hope that he will consider returning to the Beacon hotel soon.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Beacon hotel is comfortable and in a good location for setting out to see the sights of Washington DC. Can walk past coffee shops in the mornings as you get ready for your day of sight seeing, museum visiting (and there are so many of them!). The Bistro in the hotel is good and the service provided by staff is good too. Not over the top. I was ill during my visit and the hotel staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Check if there is any construction going on when you visit
1 Thank smo_yamei
The Management and Staff at the Beacon Hotel thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Washington, DC. Your comments are valuable and greatly appreciated. We hope you will visit again soon.
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am a frequent business traveler and stayed at the Beacon for two nights. The Beacon belongs to a group called World Hotels, a grouping of independent hotels, which is why I had never stayed there before (I'm generally loyal to the Hilton brand).

I found the Beacon to be more than adequate - in fact quite good. The price point is a few ticks lower than other downtown hotels with just as high quality. The hotel is within walking distance of the White House, the Farragut North metro, the National Mall, and everything else you would want in downtown DC.

When I arrived, the person at the desk (Halimah), was exceptionally friendly. Without asking, she upgraded me to a suite which had a livingroom, kitchenette, and a really large bathroom, so I have no idea what a normal room looks like. The bed, pillows, and comforter were super comfy and the room was updated and clean.

I used the restaurant one night and had a very tasty squash soup and salad, both well presented and good. The gym in the basement was small but had the treadmill I needed and a TV.

Overall, I like the Beacon and would stay there again. I gave it four stars only because I really try to save five stars for truly five star, superlative hotels and, while I don't have any true complaints, the Beacon is not quite there. 4.5 stars would have been what I would have chosen.

Room Tip: If you can get room 225, it was a very nice suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to you for taking the time to write the astonishing review of our hotel and very nice comment about the staff. It is always rewarding to know that guests realize the hard work of the staff. Halimah is truly humbled by your kind assessment and want to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. The Beacon Hotel is a quality option and we thank for sharing this message. We look forward to your return the next time you are in Washington, DC.