Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters
$191
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

$110
$97
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$184
$149
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

$129
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$158
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$154
$119
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$156
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$260
$132
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

1,399 results
All reviewsdupont circlewhite housenational geographic museumrooftop barfront desk staffroom keyking suitefew blocksbusiness centervalet parkingconvenient locationwhole foodsmetrobrunchkitchenettedishwasherfarragut
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed at the Beacon Hotel for one night in D.C. The location is convenient, and we chose to stay here based on the family value package that we purchased through the Beacon's own website.

Check in was easy, but valet parking is the only parking option, which will cost you about $33/night. Our room was adequate on the 5th floor, but the bathroom was rather small. The toiletries were not impressive -- one unmarked container of shampoo, and another container of lotion. No conditioner, but there were plenty of towels and two bars of soap. Our room was also directly across the street from construction, which started around 6am and was fairly disruptive.

We did have some issues. First, we had to ASK and make sure that we received all of the discount from the family value package that we purchased. The staff had to "look into" each and every one of the discounts to ensure we were correct, including discounts on meals, half off on parking, and the free bottle of champagne we were to receive. Everything was a bigger deal than it needed to be. We found out at checkout that a lot of specials had been added, but the employees had not been informed and kept up to date of these changes.

We also had issues with the TV in our room. It stopped working while changing the channels, and was not able to be turned on or off. The front desk did send someone up to repair it relatively quickly, and then we had no further issues.

The meals were pretty expensive, but that may just be the norm for D.C., but both my husband and I had some stomach issues following the meals that we ate at the Beacon restaurant. We had no issues from the lunch that we ate outside of the hotel, so we are accrediting our issues to the hotel's food.

Overall, the room itself was decent, seemed to be pretty clean, and although the bathroom was small, it was fine. Our main issues were with customer service/communication and the food. If you are looking for an inexpensive room for one night, this hotel will suffice, but I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere for better service with comparable prices, and be wary of the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at the Beacon for one night while in D.C. on business. The hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks from the Metro, so I walked there from my Metro stop in the middle of the day. There were numerous homeless people on the street, and I felt somewhat uncomfortable walking by myself, even in broad daylight. Checkin was easy and fast; the staff was extremely personable and quick. The room was not fancy, but fine other than the big wet spot in the middle of the bathroom floor that I stepped in shortly after arriving. The toiletries were not very high quality. The street in front of the hotel is not particularly busy, and my room was very quiet. I ate breakfast in the restaurant the next morning, and the food was fine - not fabulous, but very satisfactory. Checkout was again fast and easy, with the same very personable staff member checking me out as checked me in. All in all, this was a decent hotel choice, particularly for the price, but not particularly luxurious and not somewhere I would want to stay for more than one night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Hectortorres, Guest Relations Manager at Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

The comments of NashJD are greatly appreciated and we hope that they will come back soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Went to DC for an extended weeked. The Beacon was a great choice. Walking distance to Dupont Cirle...and a quick ride into Georgetown. Convenient to the subway as well. Great stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I live in Washington, but stayed at this hotel because my husband had a work assignment that meant he had to stay at the hotel for several days, and I joined him. I haven't stayed in the rooms at other DC hotels, although I have gotten familiar with the restaurants/bars in some of them and have been in the rooms when friends have been here to visit. This hotel is just adequate. It is by no means in the league of the luxe DC hotels like the Mayflower, Willard, Hay Adams, Jefferson, Four Seasons -- which I am sure are also far more expensive. However, if the prices here are comparable to one of the many Kimpton hotels in the area, I would recommend checking out the Kimpton hotels. These are boutique-type hotels, but I think generally reasonable in terms of prices. The Tabard Inn is also in this neighborhood, and might be an option (although it is on the old side, and I haven't seen a room there.) The room at the Beacon was just adequate; on the small side, and was clean. But extremely bland and generic. Furnished like a very mid-range hotel (perhaps a Doubletree). The bathroom was quite dated -- small bathtub not suitable for bathing, small sink. There was a "free" breakfast included in the price of our stay. This amounted to a danish, some fruit, a glass of orange juice from concentrate, average coffee. If you are not a carb eater, you will have to order off the menu (very average omelet for $14). The design of the hotel lobby and restaurant is off. It tries to be stylish, but just misses the mark by the extreme "busy-ness" of the decor. There will be some cool elements (e.g., stylish lighting fixtures, use of bamboo style wood at the desk), but these are combined with really ugly and unstylish ceilings, wall treatments, etc. The staff at check-in weren't all that friendly, but they weren't terrible. The maids in the hall were very nice and friendly. The neighborhood is in DuPont Circle, and I think that this would be a good area from which to explore DC. Relatively close to the Metro, and near some neighborhoods that will be nicer to explore in the evenings than downtown DC. Bottom line: I think you can probably do better in DC.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Buben
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I don't think that I have ever had great customer service at any hotel that I have been to except the Beacon Hotel. Despite the rooms not being all that great, I came into the hotel lost and was welcomed in by Terecita, who greeted me with a smile. I laughed because I was sure that she was being extra courteous, but I still enjoyed the hostility. She was very helpful in assisting us with our accomodations, and she even let us talk to Marcus, who was more than happy to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that needs a place to stay where the front desk is more than helpful. A little bit noisy in the hallways, and needs free Wi-Fi. The customer service helped me to look past the stay. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Just talk to Terecita or Marcus, and they will help you out!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family