“Unique and very nice”

Ranked #53 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Colorado
“Unique and very nice”
Reviewed September 28, 2007

This is an apartment house, that is in the process of converting to a hotel. It currently has a restaurant, and at the time we were there, there was something else under construction off the lobby. So, there was some construction mess in the lobby area, but it was kept clean during our stay. All areas of the hotel were very clean and nicely kept. The only additional amenity is access to a health spa somewhere nearby, but we never did try that.

The room was great! The room included a large bedroom-livingroom-eating area, a separate kitchen, and a bathroom. The rooms only have showers, which was somewhat of a disappointment, since we prefer a tub. Everything was emmaculately clean and very nice. We had a room on the back side, so the view was not great, but it was very quiet.

The employees of the Carlyle Suites were very nice and always eager to help in any way. The gardner even showed us how to hail a taxi. The hotel is in a nice, safe neighborhood, about 3 blocks from a Metro station. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Gary S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We were VERY lucky and got one of the 15 free parking spaces at the hotel. Parking is down the alleyway beside the hotel. Walk back there to see if there is a space available before you drive back there.

The hotel manager was wonderful. Seems like he made it his business to continuously walk the hotel premises. I don't think I've ever seen a hotel manager in any of the hotels I stayed at, much less have one help me park! He even took a picture of my family for us the day we left. The front desk clerks on all shifts were great. There were no bellhops nor a concierge.

This hotel is about 4 blocks from Dupont Circle in a neighborhood area.

I took my Yorkie with me. They do not charge extra for small pets while nearly all hotels charge $20 to $25 a night plus deposit. The neighborhood has a dog park (complete with dog's water bowl).

Beds were Tempurpedic, which I myself would not buy. We had double beds with a sofa bed. Room was clean and did not have any smell. Air conditioning was ok (I like my room to be about 68 degrees, so that's why I say it was only ok). No bathtub, just a shower; I don't think I've ever had a shower that hot. The kitchenette was nice - complete with dishes, pots/pans, and toaster. The refrigerator had a small ice tray; otherwise, you have to have ice delivered to your room. There is a small coffeemaker, but you have to provide your own coffee (Starbucks is on Dupont Circle).

I liked this hotel and would stay there again.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Georgia_in_MS
Kimpton Rouge Hotel
#77 of 141 in Washington DC
Kimpton Mason & Rook Hotel
#37 of 141 in Washington DC

Been to Kimpton Carlyle Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kimpton Carlyle Hotel

Property: Kimpton Carlyle Hotel
Address: 1731 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009-2501 (Formerly The Carlyle Dupont Circle, a Kimpton Hotel)
Location: United States > District of Columbia > Washington DC > Dupont Circle
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#24 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#26 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#46 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#51 Business Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4 star — Kimpton Carlyle Hotel 4*
Centrally located in fashionable Dupont Circle and newly renovated, Kimpton Carlyle Hotel offers 198 spacious hotel accommodations, some available with kitchenettes, Tempur-Pedic beds, plush duvets and at-home amenities. All rooms feature a flat screen television, available WiFi, and luxurious bath amenities by Bigelow. Kimpton Carlyle Hotel in Dupont Circle is also walking distance to DC's landmark neighborhoods and attractions such as Georgetown, Adams Morgan, U Street and our nation's most famous residence - the White House. The DC Metro and famed Dupont Circle fountain is just a short three block walk from our DC hotel, and premier dining is within easy reach along Connecticut Ave. As well as Dupont Circle. Come and stay with us and enjoy the beautiful tree lined streets and character rich architecture of the neighborhood. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Carlyle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Carlyle Hotel Washington Dc