“Great location, great people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capital Hilton

Capital Hilton
Ranked #90 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great location, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is my 6th year in a row at the Capitol Hilton and I will return again next year. 2 blocks from the White House and close to everything. The best part is the staff. They are always helpful and always friendly. Theresa Thomas at the front desk actually remembers my name every year. Stay here!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

When in Washington, stay at the Capital Hilton. I've been staying here off and on since 2003. Steve Hart and the rest of the staff will put your mind at ease. They go the extra mile, so go the extra mile out of your way if you have to stay there. I know I have (and it's worth it).

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I'm afraid our stay here was ruined due to them taking $900 from my account. I check with my Capitol One account every day while travelling to see who has taken a hold of my money and what has been charged for. So when I see six different charges to my card after the initial payment I went straight down to the desk to ask what was going on.

So the first person I spent twenty minutes talking too passed me onto someone else whom then told me they would talk to accounts and leave a message with my room. Eight hours later with no message I returned to the front desk and spent another twenty minutes going over the story to be told there is nothing they could do until the morning.

So morning comes and we are checking out and I have to go over this story again to the desk manager whom makes some calls to find out that they can see no charges at all other then the room charge. So we spend the next 30 minutes calling Capitol One who back up my story even though I had an app on my phone showing them these charges.

So long story short even after talking to their accounts devision they still could not find out why these charges were taken from my account on hold. They told me it must have been a glitch on their system. The problem being though is that I still had three more hotels to go to and they had maxed out my card putting me in a very sticky position! They deducted one nights stay from my bill that was returned to my card eight days later with the other payments. Problem was this was after I had left the country. So I spent the rest of my holiday worrying about these funds.

The room itself was fine. Big, if dated for a city Hilton. We had no other problems with our stay, but we try not to ask to much of any hotel as we have been let down so many times in the past.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael H
GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your Tripadvisor review and sharing your feedback with us.
We would like to apologize for the services in other areas of the hotel that did not meet your expectations. We will make sure all of your comments are shared with the Hotel Management.
We truly appreciate your comments and observations and we look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Capital Hilton in the future.
Austin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Hotel is old and tired and badly in need of a facelift and better services. The Restaurant is advertised as open but it is not open for Dinner, only serves lunch. One of the elevators didn't work the entire 5 days. There was no Bellman or Doorman there to help with the luggage. The water flow in the bathroom sink was a trickle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank James C
GregIBrown, General Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We're working to address the maintenance concerns and clarify our restaurant hours. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and hope we'll have another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.
Roma, Italia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed three nights on august 2013 with my wife and our two sons (15 month and 10 years old, respectively). Perfect location for tourism and business. A big chain hotel with spacious room, good restaurant and very kind staff. The moquette was a bit smelling. Price was excellent for the service obtained.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to note that our location worked well for your visit in Washington DC. We hope to have a future opportunity to host you here in Washington DC.
Best regards,
Philadelphia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice hotel. Close to the tourist spots. Helpful staff. Regarding Hilton Honors Benefits - I was less than impressed by two things.... 1. Daily parking fees of almost $50/day. Outrageous, plain and simple. This charge should be included in your Hilton Honors benefits, especially as a Diamond member no less. 2. Continental breakfast is in fact included (if purchased or through benefits) BUT you are charged $15/person if you decide you want something hot for breakfast? So in other words, since most people want to indulge a little on their vacation, sure we'll whack you another $15/person to add some hot eggs to your free toast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review the Capital Hilton. We truly value your comments and observations.
We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome and serve you at the historic Capital Hilton in the future.
Medan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

A few months ago, I and my friends came from Indonesia invited to attend a seminar on Information Technology in Washington DC and get the service to stay at this hotel. Very satisfying to spend a few days here.The location of the hotel is very strategic for tourists to enjoy the beauty of Washington D.C. Very close to the White House just a few minutes walk is not too far to the Metro Station.

Room Tip: I chose a smoking room that I think my friends and others have larger rooms than the non-smoking roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the Capital Hilton. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Nation's Capital. We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton soon.