Capital Hilton
$157
$446
$341
  • Room Service
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$437
$242
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$279
$223
  • Breakfast included
$359
$339
  • Pool
JW Marriott Washington, DC(Washington DC)
$509
$459
  • Room Service
Kimpton George Hotel(Washington DC)
$349
$329
Agoda.com
$265
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
  • Pool
3,333 results
All reviewsthe executive loungewhite housegreat locationtwo blockshilton honorsk streetjunior suitecorner roomfitness centervalet parkinglobby barper daystreet noisedowntown dcnational mallsight seeingwashington monument
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Starting with efficient valet parking, proceeding to speedy check-in, taking quick elevators to a quiet clean room, attending meetings in the convenient, well-designed conference rooms, eating a tasty lunch and good continental breakfasts, getting good advice from the concierge and finishing with a hassle-free check-out, it was a very pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Lynn B
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for the outstanding TripAdvisor review. Your gracious comments certainly made our day. We are delighted that our convenient location, room accommodation and friendly staff factored in the success of your visit. We take pride in our product along with our warm and welcoming staff but nothing could make us happier than to hear great compliments for our staff and the services they provide to our guests. We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tries to have a working breakfast at the NorthGate Grill at the Capital Hilton. Service was the worst ever. First time in life I only tipped $1.00.
Was overcharged. Never could make recommendation as no one ever answers phone.
not recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments and observations while you were with us. We apologize for the services that did not meet your expectations. We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Capital Hilton in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The price and location of the hotel were very good. I booked through hotwire. The rooms are outdated but have the necessary amenities. The room had a queen size bed and a sofa bed. Since I was sight-seeing all day, I only used the room to shower and sleep.

Parking is expensive, and the only option is valet parking, so you don't have immediate access to the car. I did let the parking attendants know that I was leaving early the next day, so when I left the hotel, my car was already parked outside.

Service by the front desk was okay, nothing special.

I would shop around before I book this hotel, since I have already experienced it and know my way around better. Nevertheless, you could get a good deal and the location is perfect, especially for people who don't know the city very well or only have a few days in DC.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We were pleased to note that our location worked well for your visit in Washington DC. We hope to have a future opportunity to host you here in Washington DC.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Is the location great? Yes! The hotel itself is lacking in the charm and quality I would expect out of a Hilton in this price range. My husband and I stayed using points for two nights and I was told when I first checked in that they didn't have any rooms available for upgrade (I'm a HHonors Diamond). The room was super small, but that wasn't a big deal. I had to go down later to ask for a map, and the guy working said he could upgrade us, but the room wouldn't be available until later in the day. That was fine as we were going to be out and about the entire day. Let me just say this...I wish I would have stuck with my original room. While the upgraded room was on an executive floor on a corner, every window looked directly out to either another hotel room or an office building window. This meant the shades were closed when we were in the room, which drives me completely crazy. The mattress on the bed was saggy and springy, part of the doorknob in the bathroom was missing, but the room was clean. Breakfast in the executive lounge was insanely busy with no seats available, so we took our food back to the room both days. This hotel definitely was not worth the amount of points I used, but it did make it a free trip for us, so no real complaints there. I would really only suggest staying at this hotel if you can get a really good deal (less than $150 a night), stay on points that you don't mind using, or if your company is paying for it. The location was super convenient as we walked everywhere, but there are plenty of nicer looking hotels within walking distance of attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Excellent location, an easy walk to the White House and anywhere else you'd like to go. Rooms are quite dark and small and the furniture is in need of repair (two broken drawers when we checked in) and a little too 90s. I liked the toiletries though!

Service was generally poor. Housekeeping left a yoghurt parfait for two days and did not replenish complimentary water and coffee/tea-making items unless called. I think front desk service was mixed. The men were generally prompt and efficient, but the ladies often very rude. I wish I could remember the name of the concierge lady who was so brusque and unwilling to provide helpful or ANY suggestions/answers.

Business services horrific. Not only did the free computer provided in the executive lounge have slow internet, it couldn't print simple PDFs and Word documents since it was using some weird software. We had to use the printer downstairs and were charged terribly high prices. The Hilton Garden Hotel in NYC let us print for free!

Don't get me started with the key cards. They were always malfunctioning, whether to access the Executive Lounge or our rooms. Concierge said we should stop keeping them with credit cards and cell phones, but I kept mine in a separate pocket far away from any magnetized things but they still were messed up. My friends and I ended up with 11 different key cards.

At around $300 dollars a room I expected much, much better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We’re sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.