“Great stay”
Review of Capital Hilton

Capital Hilton
Ranked #96 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent location, superb service and wonderful food food! The hotel is located within walking distance to restaurants and attractions. The staff is pleasant, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. The corner room was spacious and very clean. The decor of the room could use some updating, but all in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Your gracious feedback is quite refreshing and very reassuring. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Nation's Capital. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future

There are newer reviews for Capital Hilton

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I lodged there for the entire Presidential Election Day week on the 7th floor facing 16th street, about three blocks from the north entrance of the White House. On Tuesday night it was very difficult to sleep from 11:00 p.m. to about 2:00 a.m. because of the cacophony of noise emanated from the hordes of over zealous crowds marching down 16th street to the White House screaming, yelping, colorfully cursing the loosing candidate while praising the winning candidate with equally expressive words of passion as happy horn blowing and not-so-happy police sirens added background music to the scene. Sure it was an historical week in America and human expression is to be expected, welcomed, and perhaps embraced. I agree BUT I did learn something about the Capital Hilton that I found less than adequate for a prestigious hotel located in a populated city – BAD WINDOWS! More than 90% of all the exterior noise comes in through windows and doors. So when windows face a noisy city street, then installing soundproof windows can reduce noise levels by 75-95%.

Other than the poorly acoustically engineered windows, the Capital Hilton was a delightful place to lodge in all categories – But do know that it is never a good choice to get any sleep during a local celebration or even a political demonstration on the streets of Washington.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ShotgunJohnny
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I appreciate you selecting our hotel during such a historic event! We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods - we regret that noise was disruptive to you. I have however; taken your suggestions about installing soundproof windows and at this time we are discussing potential options that we can implement to reduce noise. I thank you very much for your comments and do apologize if you were inconvenienced during your stay. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Enjoyed this stay! In town to see a concert at the Verizon Center. Very convenient a nice comfortable walk. Room was very clean, bed was extremely comfortable. woke up and enjoyed a nice workout in the gym. Starbucks directly across the street. Beware of the overnight parking fees.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tryto82
Imane B, Manager at Capital Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in the future.
Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review. It is certainly gratifying and reassuring to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hilton overnight. The hotel is very nicely located near all the big monuments in DC. The rooms a bit outdated but it is to be expected. The one thing I didn't enjoy about the hotel was the fact that the cleaning staff knocked and tried to open our room door 4 times in a period of 2 hours. We didn't put the DND sign out but thought that they would only try once. They kept waking us up (which is why I didn't put the DND sign - was sleeping). Other than that it was a pleasant stay. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have spent a weekend here and was pleased with service. The location is convenient for travel by car as well as public transport. If you have a chance then use the executive floor. The only thing I didn't like is that they charge for everything you consume in the lounge. This is not common as I could experience in Asia.
I will come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank I-was_here_A
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Capital Hilton is centrally located and within walking distance of the White House and Smithsonian. We were upgraded to a king room on the club level. Very nice room. Definitely ask to be located far from the elevators as we experienced quite a bit of noise as guests were coming and going. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. If you usually use the Hilton Honors free breakfast, just note that the room is very small and you need to get in early to grab a table. Food options are limited, but adequate. Overall, the convenience of the location made the stay worthwhile.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher floor for better views and request to be far from the elevator as it is qu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tarheelfan91
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose to stay at the Capitol Hilton for a recent business trip because of its close proximity to the office I was visiting. I got in around 9pm and was tired so I was grateful that the check-in process was incredibly quick. The concierge was very helpful in giving me a list of restaurants for dinner, but alas most of them were too formal/pricey for what I was looking for. I opted for room service instead. It came very quickly—in fact so quickly I was still out of the room checking my email in the lobby. Room service didn’t leave a note or anything so I had to wait for them to come back and the food was a little colder than desired =/. However, one amazing thing was the staff at the front desk. I needed to print a few documents but didn’t want to go to the pricey business center for one staffer offered to print it at the front desk for no charge. I know this is typical, but he even gave me a card so I can email him other documents I might need to print in the morning (which I did). Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business